Well, as you can tell, its taken me a while to make this 2000th post. Things have changed a lot lately. Lets see... most prevalant, I got fired from work. So I have been on the lookout for a new job.

So what about AO. How much has changed there. When I first joined, things were quite different. Antipoints actually stood for something. They showed how much you knew about computers. Or atleast how much you could help with them. Many of my posts that helped people, I did not know the answer. I just know how to use google and find it. It makes it nice when you actually understand how to use a search engine.

But what do antipoints mean now? Absoutely nothing. The only thing they can do is ban someone for making stupid posts. Out of the people in the top 10 list of antipoint earners, most of them got all their antipoints for posts that had absoutely nothing to do with computers. People think that they are a status symbol. Actaully, now, all they are is a way to show who kisses the most ass and convinces other people to give them antipoints for posts that are completely unrelated to anything with computers. There are more postive antipoints flying around General Chit Chat and Cosmos then anyplace else. Posts that are actually useful and helpful go unrecognized, yet posts about some website talking about military action in Somalia are getting ultra-extreamly positive antipoints.

I still read some of the threads, but for the most part, I spend my time on AntiOnline IRC. Yeah, we discuss BS there also, and an idiot that starts acting like a fool will get banned. But many of the people there actually have a clue about what they are doing. And the interaction between people is much better because it is realtime. You don't have to wait as long for a responce. I will admit, there are still problems there. Some people need to be banned, and the op's may not be the best choices for who is doing it, but that is not the point. At least there is more interaction in there, and there are people in IRC that know most of the people that post in the forums. And besides, I am running away with Deb and we are going to move to Mexico. But not until after I am done taking over the rest of the channel.

You can take this post for what its worth. Obviously parts of it are sarcastic and parts are completely true. It is up to you how to take it, and maybe reevaluate how this forum works and if you think it is going in the right direction. Or if you think some changes need to be made. Because the only way to make changes is to do it yourself....This site isn't going to change because people bitch about their antipoints, and JP isn't around to help you when you want to whine and cry about getting negative points. Ive gotten my share of them.. I don't give a ****. I will probably get more for this post, because I just fronted off most of the people on the top10 list. And if you don't believe me about their posts, go look at them sometime. See how many posts that were computer related actually got points and how many from other areas. And if you want to try to explioit the antipoint system..... Make a shitload of posts in cosmos and generalchitchat.... thats the only way to do it now.. Every other area of the forum is useless if you care about antipoints. If you want to make this site back to the way it was, and should be... then stop giving antipoints for posts in those forums. Give the points to people that help out with a problem. And stop kissing the ass of the people in the top10. Just because someone gives me points, I am NOT going to return the favor. You want me to give you points, make a post that deservs them. Go write a tutorial. Ask an intelligent question that can make people think. And don't just say...ohhh so and so posted and even though the post is complete bullshit, I am going to give them points and maybe they will return the favor....