XP Plus!

Thread: XP Plus!

Banned

XP Plus!

Was at Best Buy today and saw that Microsoft already came out with XP Plus! and I was wondering if anyone has used? Is it anything special or just some cheap screen savers for $30?

I have XP Plus! installed on my desktop.. I've had it for quite sometime now. It's got the usual themes, a few lil shareware games that are quite addictive, and a few cheesey multi-media programs.. For $30 I would say it's definately not worth the money, but that's just my opinion
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Banned
    My friend has it. In my opinion it's not worth the extra money. But its my thought
    It doesn't have anything special to help secure it better. So to me it's not nothing
    Special at all.

I would buy it if it was 10 but yeah I agree 30 is to much for just a few extra screensavers

The Iceman Cometh
    I agree with everyone else who posted. The original XP Plus! (which was released the same time as Windows XP) adds a few little multimedia programs, some interesting games (the best of which is not even a full version) and some new themes (like the original Plus! for Windows 95 and 98). I have yet to try the new Windows XP Plus! DME (Digital Media Edition), but people have said that it is much more useful than the original plus. To find information about both of them, follow the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/PlusHome.asp

AJ

Banned
    Nowdays you can get extra themes and screensaver free of the net so i think its a waste of money to be honest lol

Banned
    Thanks for all the input, since no one actually seems to be happy with Plus!, I find something better to spend my money on, any suggestions (software wise)?

Talking XP Plus

Unless you like the Fancy Bowling Game !!!
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle