Newbie to redhat - can anyone help

Thread: Newbie to redhat - can anyone help

Newbie to redhat - can anyone help

i want to make a complete transfer from windows to redhat, and have just installed in on my laptop, and i am vert impressed, i was wondering is there a VCD or good media play for linux.

and where are there some good tutorials on installing programs, especially binaries

thank you
    dahquim
    What colour do smurfs go when they hold there breath???

If you do a search through the forums, I think that I posted a link that allowed you to do a free online linux course.

I havent done it myself, but Im sure that it would cover all the appropriate things to get n00bies up and started.

Good luck with it...

[EDIT]

I did a bit of a search for you, and here is the original thread regarding the free course...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=235654

[/EDIT]
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

Try Xine its not bad it will also play quicktime,if you are using redhat 8.0 try out the rpms for 7.3 thats what i used

hi

there are a whole lot of sites for linux-related help, but since you're new to it and you've got redhat here are a few i recommend...

1. www.redhat.com/apps/support
    2. www.linuxnewbie.org
    3. www.linux.org/docs
    4. www.linuxhelp.net

there may also be some threads on antionline about linux-related problems, also try google too. good luck!

regards,
    mark.
    \'hi, welcome to *****. if you would like to speak to an operator, please hang up now.\'
    * click *

thanks for everyones help

dahquim
    What colour do smurfs go when they hold there breath???