View Poll Results: Should I take legal action?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, sue their asses off

1 50.00%
  • No, try other options first

1 50.00%

Thread: poll on the best P2P networking

poll on the best P2P networking

which P2P have you experts out there found to be the most usefull and secure....i personally would go for kaZaa....what 'bout u..
    1)kaZaa
    2)Morpheus
    3)Nutella
    4)Aimster

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hi,

i would go for non, since the ones you have listed are against any security policy. Sharing a drive across the internet is not a good idea. From a security point of view, p2p is not safe. Also, the BSA aswell as other companies are doing a sweep for the psp users. I do not agree with piracy, and p2p is in my opinion one of the biggest piracy transactions available.
    Why? A friend of mine (a programmer) has made an awesome programm for web cafes. He spent 4 months making it perfect and wants to make money out of it. One of the copies he sold was released on a p2p network. Now that programm is available for free..... Do you have an idea how he feels about it? Its like he wasted 4 months for nothing, and now hes having a hard time making money out of it. Thats not fair to him or any programmer out there.

To get back to your question though..... Non of them are "secure".
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

i see your point intrsonics.....come to think of it .....i find myself agrreing with u...

I do not support any of those 4 p2p softwares, so I am not going to answer you poll.

In fact, i found morpheus install on my computer. I had to deregister the software, scan the registry to delete it and install AD_ware to scan my computer and get rid of these malicious software.

The poll is a no - no.

Re: poll on the best P2P networking

Originally posted here by jhgrew
    which P2P have you experts out there found to be the most usefull and secure....i personally would go for kaZaa....what 'bout u..
    1)kaZaa
    2)Morpheus
    3)Nutella
    4)Aimster

Most secure? The answer is that there is no security with these P2P services. I would recommend to stay away from these services for a variety of reasons, lack of security being one of the most important ones, as well as copyright issues, etc. The story that instronics told is a prime example of why P2P programs shouldn't be used. The bad thing is that I don't see these programs going away anytime in the near future...
    - Maverick

GreekGoddess
    I use KaZaA Lite, as I like its setup and features and have really had no problem in the past trying to find what I want. I do agree though, that it's not a secure application, but there are a lot of things you can do to protect yourself and I enjoy sharing music.

All P2P networks pose a serious security risk. Sharing your disk allows people access to more than your music and I have pulled spyware out of any I have looked at. Kazaa is the worst as it has opened ports to takover of your computer.

Knowing these risks, and liking music I use zonealarm pro and pestpatrol. The combinaition helps me feel a little more secure. Probalbly the placebo effect.

their all transport for viruses, the safest p2p was napster first gen. cos it only delt with mp3`s (and at the time there was no xp, let alone xp mp3 + wmp overflows), plus the networks reguarly get used by peidophiles fo transport their files around, which makes it hard for em to stop

the safest is ftp

Preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Unless the nice principal of p2p, the whole idea is by time abused and f**ked up.
    I used to go for Kazaa and WinMx, but there is also the problem of adware and spyware.

Also above some have already posted the warn about security,

I agree with them.

greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Yes I too believe that p2p sharing is not only piracy but also it is a high security risk. Even the most careful user will undoubtly come across a virus now and then.
    I AM THE KING OF FRANCE!!!! NO I AM THE KING OF FRANCE!!!!