Thread: chronicles of george...

chronicles of george...

Wow, now this one hit a little too close to home. I've worked in the
    call centers, and this is typically some of the stuff I despised and
    laughed at all at the same time.
    God only knows that people often times can't speak correctly, let alone
    spell correctly. See the ticketing system horror and see why when you
    call for support you are often times left confused and no better off
    than when you started the call or you just completely repeat all trouble shooting with a Tier 2 tech that you had already done with a tier 1 bozo.

Check it out : http://chroniclesofgeorge.nanc.com/tickets1.htm

Regards.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

LMAO, ACCTUAL help desk matterial, although it's reversed roles, it seems the user is more intelligent that the Help-operator....that's a new one...

good work
    - Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Originally posted here by Noia
    it seems the user is more intelligent that the Help-operator....that's a new one...
    Not really if anyone on AO has ever called AOL tech support.

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

True, my ISP has some REALY dense people at help-desk, but they also had a cool one that suggested that I should take legal action against them because they gave me the wrong connection type and chanrged me for the higher one....

<edit>
    <head_Hit_Keyboard>
    * Thud Thud Thud *
    </edit>
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I've done the BB Cable and DSL Support on a Tier 3 level, I've seen crap like this all the time.
    I hate it with a passion. Drove me to a change in within the company. I'm now working to train some of these idiots that do crap like that.

[edit]
    Noia -> you aren't by chance getting screwed by MSN DSL are you?
    [/edit]
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Tell me about it, the tech support for my ISP is soo lame, it had droven me to tell them what I think about them, now it states under the comment on the account, that. . ."customer extremely hostile, forward to manager immediatly." - but at least now, I get someone who can answer a freakin question, so I guess there was a good outcome.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce