Thread: Female virus writer attacks her fellow coders...

Female virus writer attacks her fellow coders...

Guys,

More virus news.

Sophos experts have advised customers about a new email-aware worm that has an unusual payload. Not only does it attempt to disinfect computers of another worm but it also contains a message disparaging another virus writer.

W32/Sahay-A is an email-aware worm that spreads via a screensaver called MathMagic.scr. If users run the attachment it drops a file called yahasux.vbs onto the hard drive which then forwards the virus onto everyone in the Windows address book. The virus goes on to attempt to disinfect any infections of W32/Yaha-K it may find. However, due to bugs it may fail to do this correctly...
    Source and full story here

Bye.

DKRR

A virus that wants to get rid of another virus... that's a new one. But are they sure that that is it's only intent? To just delete? Maybe not...

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

written by an idiot who sPeLlS lIkE tHiS
    that is funny stuff!

although this is the kind of retaliation that we dont need.

it's just a shame they choose to have their arguments on the computers of innocent users rather than over a pint of beer down the pub.
    a roving virus that rids a user of any other viruses. what do people think of the roving anti-virus? has there every been one? i would imagine that virus companies would squelch that immediately and may even pass it off as another virus (although technically, it would be since it would enter unwarranted.

so i propose an ethical question: would an antivirus/virus (one that would be passed around like a virus and remove viruses from any infected computer) be an ethical solution to viruses?
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

I should have known..

that virus could only have been written by a belgian

LOL @ the text...

Hi there.. it seems you were infected with Yaha.k. That worm however, written by an idiot who sPeLlS lIkE tHiS, abused my website and got me to receive the complaints. Therefore, I have just disinfected you. Don't worry tho.. as I didn't wanna steal from you, I gave you this virus (Win32.HLLP.YahaSux) in return

Greetz,
    Gigabyte [Metaphase VX Team]
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Originally posted here by qwerty_smith

so i propose an ethical question: would an antivirus/virus (one that would be passed around like a virus and remove viruses from any infected computer) be an ethical solution to viruses?

I don't think so - as you said, this anti-virus virus still enters your system unwanted. And what would be the purpose? I mean, why can't you just purchase an AV solution such as McAfee, Norton Anti-Virus, etc. and stay up-to-date with your .DAT files? Why would we need a rogue virus, although it's intentions are good, running around killing off other virii? I don't think it's ethical or practical - I'd much rather stay atop of my AV software to rid myself of viruses...
    - Maverick

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    LOL,

Thnx a lot , jinx.

How' re they gonna subscribe this one at Symantec, or other ...
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Originally posted here by the_JinX
    I should have known..

that virus could only have been written by a belgian

LOL @ the text...

Undertaker posted this a while back too
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...light=gigabyte

Anyway Gigabyte keeps showing up on this site
    realy a belgian thingy... lol
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=230140