Linux sound card prob

Thread: Linux sound card prob

AO BOFH: Luser Abuser BModeratorFH gore's Avatar

Linux sound card prob

ok, I have suse Linux 8.1 professional runing, and i cant get any sound, it says it found my sound card but it wont configure it, mainly because i have no drivers i dont think, the control center says, Available Hardware:
    Sound Device : Risq Modular Multimedia audio controller, now when i go to details it says : Type : Sound Device
    Vendor Rockwell International.
    Configured : no
    Available : yes
    Needed: no

So like, im googling this right now but i was wondering if anyone else knows a way to get this working, or maybe a specific sound card drivers site for Suse Linux?
    thank you in adavance for any help you con give, this has been something iv always had a problem with, when id install Linux, i could never get online or get sound, Well, i broke my problem of getting online a few days ago and im very happy about that, now this is my next one
    Kill the lights, let the candles burn behind the pumpkins’ mischievous grins, and let the skeletons dance. For one thing is certain, The Misfits have returned and once again everyday is Halloween.The Misfits FreeBSD
    Cannibal Holocaust
    SuSE Linux
    Slackware Linux

er0k
    try this:

modprobe pci

lsmod

esd&

the esd& will play a sound if it worked right..

for example, on a C-Media Sound card, you would type: modprobe cmpci.. just find out if you have to use a specific command like that..