Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~*~*Are we ready for another CyberAttack?*~*~

~*~*Are we ready for another CyberAttack?*~*~

I found this article very interesting. Looks like they would have learned from the Deceptive Duo. Guess not. Has anyone heard anything else about this hacking team? I'de like to know if they ever find them. Well. . . enjoy this article.

http://www.atnewyork.com/news/article.php/1377081
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Two words. Hell No! I think the deceptive duo made that perfectly clear, and that was just two people! Imagine a whole oranized group going at it.

WAKE UP GOVERNMENT! YOU NEED TO GET YOUR SECURITY UP TO DATE! Call me, i'll help you guys out as best I can.
    x

Thats what im afraid of. Just think. . . . if the next Terrorist Attack came via computers. It would bring our great nation to a standstill. Hundreds of plains would crash due to the lack of Tower Control, Systems running Nuclear Weapons could possibly be controled, etc. . . . we would be turned upside down. I dont want to see this happen. Our Government needs to wake up and face the facts. . . OUR SECURITY SUCKS! ! ! They need to be focusing more on beefing up our security then going around arresting illegal aliens that are in the country trying to make a living. Dont get me wrong. . . they should be delt with. . . but we need to get our priorities in order! NO?
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Yeah we do. But I don't think they are being pressured enough. The general public has absolutly no idea how insecure the government servers are. I think that if it were exposed there would be more action taken.

US Security does suck, but im not worried about minuteman missiles (our main nukes) being controlled by computer, because they can't be remotely fired. A human spends 12 hours actually strapped into a chair bolted to the floor in front of the controls, and only he/she has the ability to launch. On the other hand, nuclear warheads yet to be attached to missiles have been stolen from us facilities in the past. Hopefully the people in charge in DC will see these posts from an Echelon intercept and get their asses moving on making the necessary changes.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Well, the Deceptive Duo did all they could to expose it. But still, nothing was done to correct it. We are hopeless. Its just a matter of time untill our country is "unplugged". Thoughts of what happens after that scare me to death!

Well to me this looks like the BSA effort to sell dot gov it's latest wares seeing how there is a down turn in the tech sector in general. As in 2/3 of M$ biggest buyers are not going for their new license agreement. Knowing people in dot go in IT and me in the private IT sector none I talk to report anything unsual. I sorry but when a for profit business group sends the gov a waring it is to sell more of their wares that as we all knowin most cases cost $$$ (remember the year 2000 thing) what was it a non event and we all payed big bucks for the BSA oh dire prediction. Sure there will be major attacks in the next 12 months all of them agains M$ products and on-line credit card stuff.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

As a start, the government might give the DeceptiveDuo amnesty for all prior "bad acts" and attempt to hire one or both of them to run security checks on critical sites.

And this would just be a beginning.

Stupidity would be doing nothing.

I'm sorry but I do not think the Deceptive Duo proved anything other then defacing Web sites. In dot gov usually the web server is considered the box that will get broken, unsually the oldest in the system what is had off those servers may or may not be up to date. And go figure it was dot edu dot gov that designed the system and when they were getting on the servers was for a ligit purpose. Sorry but I simply know to many IT people in dot gov and dot edu systems to really even oose sleep over it. Deceptive Duo will get what they deserve and they did not prove anything cause what they did was already a known fact.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Thumbs up

[gloworange]US Security does suck[/gloworange]
    [pong]Syini666[/pong]

United States security does not suck! Good thread RogueSpy.