Thread: Suicidal threads due to others fault...

Suicidal threads due to others fault...

Guys,

Lately this have caught my attention and i like to know your opinion.

It is happening that some really good threads are going suicidal but just because someone write a misleading or stupid post (answering or commenting the thread) and others members neg him/her correctly. This is unfair for the thread starter because (and although he/she posted a good thread) it goes suicidal for the fault of other member/s and the thread can't be answered anymore because it gets closed and so we can't discuss a good thread.

There should be a way to prevent threads of going suicidal or closed for the faults of other members.

What do you think?

Thanks.

DKRR

Re: Suicidal threads due to others fault...

Yep this happens some really good threads don t deserve this but that s live.

A winner doesn t always get the price.

Better next time!
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

This has been discussed many times before.

A quick AO search on "suicide threads" should give you the information you seek.

Regards,

PP.

er0k
    its always going to happen, the only thing you could do is to either delete the dumb post, or just set the specific person on your ignore list that way they cannot post in your threads...

thats some really good advice erok! maybe we all should start putting trouble makers on our ignore list that way they cant ruin anything for anyone.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    working off that Erok (great idea btw), what if a thread can only go suicidal if the person who started the thread recieves (x) amount of negs to go suicidal. For those who are just replying to the thread, when they hit (x) amount of negs, their post is automatically deleted and the thread status re-calculated?
    Is that alot to ask for? I know (being an ex-programmer) convenience is one of the hardest things to code.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Good idead Shagdevil, but i dont know if they are willing to go through all that just to keep some kiddie from making a thread suicidal. It is a good idea though, i think Erok hit the nail on the head. -Ebo

ShagDevil we really can't wait for someone else to take care of our problems for us. when a trouble maker finds s/he can't become involved in any of the threads here and no one responds to their's i think they'll conclude pretty quick that they can either change their ways or leave.

if a thread is really that good i don't think anyone will object to re-starting it with the exclusion of the pest. at least i wont. (if it sucks to begin with or your the only one that feels that way you could run into problems)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”