Spyware & Ad-aware

Thread: Spyware & Ad-aware

Banned

Spyware & Ad-aware

Well while watching tech-tv last night. I saw a site of interest
    http://www.spywareinfo.com This site has lots of info an useful programs for getting rid of spyware, ad-aware, cookies and browser hi-jacking. Spy bot search and destroy, its a very good cleaning program that can be downloaded as freeware from this site.

I thought I'd share this with AOer's. In search of ridding pc of spyware

I tend to use a program called ad-aware to find ads and i also use a program called reg-cleaner to clean up my registry every now and then. that combination works well. just google for it and you should be able to find then easily.
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

I also use ad-aware, it's a free program you can find on download.com and is very useful. It can do an extensive search of your hard drive(s) and registry, and is a well put together program.

Though this program seems like it has a few features that ad-aware doesn't seem to. I will have to take a look at it and see if it might be better. Thanks phaza7.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

I have used both Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy. Overall I would have to give my nod to Spybot for overall usefulness. It finds a lot more than just adware stuff and has been pretty regularly updated by the developers. Check it out, I'm sure even some of you "careful" surfers out there will find some suprising results.

El Diablo

Banned
    El Diablo, It surprise me, cleaning my reg of xupiter when I knew I cleaned it out.

Banned
    I also us ad-aware, schools, and ,suprisingly enough, even businesses in my area recommend it. I believe that this program is a must have, and even going to my normal sites now, (yahoo mail included), gets me unwanted ads on my harddrive. Warning to KaZaA (and the like) users, these programs give you a little extra suprise. If you use kazaa go here to get a better version that is "lite" aka without all the ads and extra unwanted spyware on your computer. Just a thought, with some little extra programs.
    -Spyda

Thank you guys for introducing me to the true evil depths of spywear, thanks to darkraider and others, and of course ad-aware, I too have destroyed the evilness of Xupiter!
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce