Re:Have Your Say On Hackers
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re:Have Your Say On Hackers

Banned

Angry Re:Have Your Say On Hackers

[gloworange]Since Tedob1 Decided to ignore me, i would like to post a reply to his thread.[/gloworange]

REPLY POST: HAVE YOUR SAY ON HACKERS

I definately agree with jhgrew, drew, and instronics. There IS a major difference between a hacker and a cracker but the media causes the whole public to believe that a hacker is a bad person that brakes into computers and causes chaos. This is NOT a hacker. By the Jargon dictionary (which most should know and love) a cracker is: "One who breaks security on a system. Coined ca. 1985 by hackers in defense against journalistic misuse of hacker (q.v., sense 8). While it is expected that any real hacker will have done some playful cracking and knows many of the basic techniques, anyone past larval stage is expected to have outgrown the desire to do so except for immediate, benign, practical reasons (for example, if it's necessary to get around some security in order to get some work done). " Which is exactly what the media describes hackers as today. One of my greatest mentors was part of the confrence where the term "Cracker" was formed. I ask you to see the diference between a hacker (one with great knowledge) and a cracker (one who breaks into systems to cause chaos) because there is a difference. A great one. Some people get confused when i say "Hacker" becuase they think a Hacker is a Cracker, so the term "Ethical Hacker" might be better to use. But there still is a difference between a Hacker and a Cracker.
    -Spyda

Question D00D!

SpydaByte....

Have you read your last posts comments yet??
    Here is the link...
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=238933
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Banned
    I am sorry if this thread seems at any way disrespective, i didn't mean for it to be that way. I just meant it to be for the fact that this is one of the greatest problems into today's world, and i would just like to have a say in it, becuase of a misunderstanding in a different thread, i was not allowed to put in my word. Thanks, and I am sorry if this was disrespectful.
    -Spyda

You are misunderstanding...I think this thread is a valid example of what you should do in this very situation. On the other hand you need to attend to your last post that is in the wrong forum. I posted in this thread a subtle reminder that you have something else pending that needs attention before making new posts. I am really giving you a chance to do things right in our community, you don't want to get banned so soon I am sure.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    uhm, just one lil teeny weeny thing here.......i dont see the need to rename the term "hacker" to "ethical-hacker". Anyone who uses the word hacker should know what a hacker is. Renaming it for people who dont understand the difference is not a solution, in fact its insulting!!
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Banned
    the term means both to me, i just ttry to be more broadining for some other people. Thanks

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    ahhh, but in reply to Tedop1's post, its not about what you think, its about facts.

I dont mean to be insulting to you nor is this a flame towards you, but its not about you.

Cheers
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Banned
    ahh. your right. That was exactly my point. What i should of said was I use the term "ethical-hacker" (being a hacker myself) as a... join word?... so that i could communicate with another being. I'm still asking myself which is which truly, because it is us as humans that make up names for things (God, Chair, Trash) and the media is a big part of that (Ground Zero). It's definately not all about me though.

here here
    -Spyda

is it me or did spydabyte just admit being a hacker?? i dont think that is the right thing to say around here. whether it is a "good" hacker that improves security or a "bad" hacker that degrades security. theyre the same thing. they break security protocols which are there to protect privacy ect. hacking to me is the same thing as breaking the law. either way you have to be punished
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

is it me or did spydabyte just admit being a hacker?? i dont think that is the right thing to say around here. whether it is a "good" hacker that improves security or a "bad" hacker that degrades security. theyre the same thing. they break security protocols which are there to protect privacy ect. hacking to me is the same thing as breaking the law. either way you have to be punished
    I strongly disagree with you on that Trust_Not_123. I have been a hacker since the early '80s and proud of it. It was people like myself who have made this conversation a reality. When I first got into computers and programming/hardware development, the internet was just a far off dream. I could go on for days on this suject, and we also may be experiencing a bit of a cultural gap in the meanings as well