Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judge orders ISPs to trace online pirates...

Judge orders ISPs to trace online pirates...

Guys,

Is this a good news for you???, each of you will decide then...

Internet providers must agree to requests by the music industry to track down computer users who illegally download music, a federal judge ruled Tuesday in a case that could dramatically increase online pirates' risk of being caught. The decision by U.S. District Judge John D. Bates upheld the recording industry's power under a 1998 law to compel Internet providers to identify customers that illegally trade music or movies online...
    Source and full story here

Bye.

DKRR

In that case a lot of people willl be traced, and locked up. People therse days do not believe in buying music anymore. I do buy cd's but only the cd's of those artist that i like, i buy it so they can get their money. Bu ti fi wanted to hear a song just because somebody recommended it, i wont go buy the cd. I will like to see how this ends up. Good post DkRR.

yeah im anxious to see how the general poulation will react when the man comes to take away they sons and daughters because the recording industry demands it. will see how much of a good idea they think it is when it starts hitting home.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Are you serious?!

Half the people that do download music are under 17..are they going to lock them all up?
    Probably make us pay a hefty fine.

I download music and I still buy CD's. How do you think I know what to go buy? People aren't going to go spend a weeks worth of work (under 17) on a CD they MIGHT like.

That's what they get for charging 20 dollars per CD...

Re: Judge orders ISPs to trace online pirates...

Is the judge's name really John D. Bates... as in John Debates... What a name for a judge....

In my opinion, music piracy, of course is frowned upon and illegal and all that happy horse ****... But any artist that would complain about it is stupid, it for one, get's their name out to virutally anyone... And second, artists don't get even a fraction as much money from record deals as they do when they sell out a stadium of seats at 50 bucks a pop....

It'a all the labels that are pressing this ****... If I was an artist i would put my music on the internet just to get my name out, and leave it that way.... I mean, have any of you gone to concerts of your favorite bands? Which do you like more? concerts or listening to the cd's......

Should this be allowed I don't think it will do much damage to the populice that downloads free mp3s of the web, because they cannot target each and every person. There are thousands, probably even millions, of people who download these mp3s. They would have to lock up nearly the entire USA if they passed something of this nature.
    Plus as FamStars&Straps said, most of the people are under 17. They aren't going to throw thousands of minors away because they downloaded mp3s. I doubt that this will be passed, and if it is then it wont be put into effect like the recording industries would like.
    To be God is to be Root, if someone is erking you just type: rm -d /home/heathen

Some people may say that pirateing music is part of there freedom of public shareing and some may say that it is stealing but when you think about it everything on the internet is the product of someone else and just viewing a web page created from the mind of someone else is the same as hearing music made by someone else, we dont pay for the radio, nor do we pay to read information online,,,,,just something to think about.

Guys,

I have a doubt, we all know there are many bands and musicians that have allowed people to download their music or mp3s legally to hear them and maybe then buy the CDs, so how will this judge or the ISPs do to know if the people is downloading illegal or legal music???

Bye.

DKRR

I just think its another one of those decisions that people will pay no attention to. I am sorry but i dont want to sound like a law breaker, but i am downloading the song " In Tha Club" by 50Cent right now. I don't get the decision and i dont like it, well they can come get me and charge me with 50 fraudery..

In Reply to Darks comment on how they would be able to find out who is who,, i would imagine they would have to search for users with programs such as kazoo and winmx and other share progs like these