Hey, guys, I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me with a problem I've been having with my laptop.

I have an HP pavilion ze1230 it's about six months old. For about two months, now, the connection between the the power adapter and the computer has been increasingly loose. I am refering to the back of the laptop...when I push in on the connection I get the full connection (battery icon disappears, etc) but if I just plug it in and let it be it doesn't make enough of a connection and it goes to battery.

After looking in the hole where the adapter plugs in I can tell that the casing slot inside is really loose. My question is this: if I take off that back plate on my laptop can I just tighten that casing?? I know I could take the laptop in to be serviced but I don't have that much time. This *appears* to be something I could do myself.

Do any of you know or have any experience with this? If so, I'd appreciate any advice.

I've looked here and on google and haven't really found anything. The problem is getting worse and I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance!