Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A packet analysis challenge

Sorry for the lack of responses. I have given up
    on this site due to the plethora of idiots who inhabit this space ie: TheFiend amongst others.
    The people who populate this site need to learn there is a world of difference between those
    who actually hack and the scipt kiddie idiots, and the wannabe's that compose the vast majority of this sites membership. So that rant is over and cause of that will take myself elsewhere. I don't need the aggravation.
    I can see where you are coming from but... I am a security newbie and my interest is not really hacking, but learning what I can. I came here to learn and I have learned a lot, but I am by no means a guru. Everybody is a newbie at some point (unless you invented it). By wannabe do you mean someone who talks about it a lot and says they know stuff, but do not read or know anything?

-Sam-

It's not an online class, I actually go inside the building and stuff, but it's fun yea. Right now I have TCP/IP, and WAN classes. Next semester I have Linux + and security +

It's not an online class, I actually go inside the building and stuff, but it's fun yea. Right now I have TCP/IP, and WAN classes. Next semester I have Linux + and security +
    Lucky. I wish I had the time and money to take classes, but HS takes up most of my time.. :-/

-Sam-

Originally posted here by gore
    what course is it?
    BlAcKiE
    GearBlitz

It's called TCP/IP, like thats what the class is actually called. It's cool.

Elite Hacker
    Penguin, you should watch the movie found here:
    http://www.warriorsofthe.net/movie.html
    It's not really about packet analysis. It's like some of the intro to tcp/ip tutorials here, only it's an animated movie. I hope you have cable/dsl though because it's kindof a big file(73M for good quality and 121 for high). Also, you should be able to find some stuff on google about packet analysis. That's where I'm going to look because this stuff looks interesting and I would like to learn it.