WinNT Logon Screen Shots

Thread: WinNT Logon Screen Shots

WinNT Logon Screen Shots

Hey guys,
    I'm trying to find screen shots of the WinNT (or 2000/xp) logon screens. I need the first one where it says "press ctrl alt del to logon" and the second one that has User/Pass/Domain (I can edit them to say my own domain). I am trying to make directions for my less familliar users in windows for our facilities so I dont have to keep answering questions like, "How do I log on?" I have tried many different ways to get these, but with no luck. If there is no way to capture this image, is it stored on the HD anywhere? like the splash screen is?

Thanks in advance!
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Probably the easiest way to do this would be to bring up the screen you want to grab, then hit PrintScrn to copy the screen to the clipboard, then past it into a graphics prorgam, edit it as needed and then save it. Its a neat little windows trick that I use at home so I don't have to download a screengrab program. Hope this helped ya out some.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Syini666: I was thinking the same thing, but it won't let you copy to the clipboard when you are not logged on.

Maybe someone running VMWare can do it easier. I've been searchinf for like the last 20 min and I have yet to find one. I know i have them printed on paper somewhere...

If noboby else has a solution... I can scan one...

EDIT:

How about try using PCAnywhere or other remote admin software.

From another workstation, connect to that NT system and you should see the Logon screen.

You can then take a screen shot of the logon and crop it in any graphics program...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Doing a screen capture will not work on the login screen as you do not have access to the clipboard as you are not logged in.

here is the login prompt.

Here is the ctrl-alt-del screen. You can just resize these to however you need them to be.

Install WinVNC on your NT / 2k box. Ensure it's running as a service. Now log out, and remotely go in using a VNC client. You can now snapshot both the logon screensaver (the box that moves around the screen with the three finger salute on it) and the logon box.