Just an AO question...

Thread: Just an AO question...

Just an AO question...

Guys,

Is it just me or some of you have seen the same issue in AO logged members and gests?

I mean that a few minutes ago there was almost 400 members+guests browsing AO, then i reloaded the page and the members+guests went to 40. How can 360 members/guests get offline in just a few seconds? This isn't the first time i see this.

So, is this a bug and the members/guests are still online or it's just casuality? Besides, if i go to "Users Online Now" there are only 40, so i don't know if it's a bug or not?, but i can't believe 360 members/guests disappearing so suddenly.

Do some of you know something about it?

Thanks.

DKRR

Generally, its not really posible unless your page too along time to load. my reasoning is this, something is wrong with the border and it replicates the last digit or letter on that line and pastes it there. its sorta like when an image loads up wrong and its positioned wrong. this is the same, except that its positioned right at the same time

Hope i helped
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Trust_Not_123,

Thanks for trying to help but my page takes less than 5 seconds to reload and when i went to "Who's Online" at first time there was 399 members/guests and i could scroll down to see each one of them, then, i think 10 seconds later aprox, when i reloaded the page it says 40 members/guests and scrolling down showed me 40 correctly.

How could this huge number of members/guests disappear so quickly?

Thanks.

DKRR

Maybe it's a fluke?
    Try asking one of the moderators to see if they can get some stats for you?
    Unless one of them already knows of the bug/whatever your asking about?
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hiya Dark Raider....

I have to say that the last 4 days, there are some major netsplits going on around europe, mabye the net is going through some weird troubles. SInce 4 days in Greece the speed has fallen so much that im sick of going online, and not only greece from what i hear. Maybe its another major DNS attack or upgrade (i cant resolve or load most websites anymore or if, it takes really ages. I dont think is AO's fault. IF this should keep happening for a while, repost this thread and maybe there will be another solution. (Unless im wrong offcourse)

Cheers Dark.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Banned
    easy im sure its not updated dynacmicly the load would be pretty big so it would be updated every 5 mins or so depending you just refreshed when it clicked over so theirfore a sudden drop
    rioter

Actually, the "Who's Online" IS dynamic... you can tell by the fact that it tells you what area the user is in (what thread they are reading, etc.). As far as the large discrepancy... no answer for that here!! :-)
    Mike Reilly
    bluebeard96@yahoo.com