6 24.00%
  • I don\'t use notepad

1 4.00%
  • Notepad is stupid

1 4.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *moved* Police Out of Hand.

Police Out of Hand.

I had read the article on a news site about a couple and their child who got pulled over, because the guy left his wallet on the roof of his car and money was flying all over the highway. I guess an individual who seen the bills spreading across the interstate called the police suspecting a robbery.. Remind you, this is a guy, his wife, child, and family dog in a car driving to x location and the guy left his wallet on the roof. No illegal crimes commited. What happens next? Watch this and tell me if you find this as FKD up and disturbing as I. There is no indecent, gruesome, or any other form of displeasing graphic on this film clip.

*This cop is under investigation for a repeat offense.

i am still a firm believer that police should be voted in by the people they are going to protect.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Damn..... That was a huge hound..... Jeez it had to be all of 25lbs.... Those things can be vicious..... They run right up your trouser leg and bite you where you don't wanna be bitten!!!

If this cop is a repeat offender he should be dismissed since he clearly doesn't have the temperament or demeanor to safely carry out his duties in public.

Of course, if this was my dog I'd have kicked his ass where he stood. He had no excuse with a dog that small - none whatsoever. I have utter contempt for the cop.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

If I am not mistaken, there was never an official claim of a robbery, people saw the money and claimed suspicion. When does a cop ever make a routine stop with a shot gun and an automatic rifle?

You are saying cops all the way through your poll .... it is one cop - singular - and yes he should be called to account for his actions ...

Don't be so quick to judge. I saw the film footage on satellite tv here in Australia and the interview with this guy - apparently his wife and kids have received death threats because of his actions - a little rough in my opinion.

Apparently this is not the first dog he has shot and there is an obvious problem here - he might just be **** scared of them as a lot of people are. As a cop I have warned people to control their dogs or I would, the choice of letting it maul me is not an option. I am not afraid of dogs by the way.

For what its worth cops respond to a complaints made by a members of the public, they generally had no idea what was going on until they get to a scene and stop and speak to the people. It's the armchair critics that have the luxury of pulling the incident apart, piece by piece after the event in the safety of an airconditioned office.

I am not condoning his actions but I think I will wait for the outcome of the official inquiry and wont succumb to the "trial by media" before making my mind up as to whether his actions were justified or not.

The reason I bring this to attention is because I have seen a similair incident in my home town. My neigbbor was a suspected narcotics dealer and the cops performed a raid of his house, but in order to do so the needed to get the dog out of the way. I used to walk the dog every day, and I had all access to the pen etc. When I approcahed the officer about removing the dog, the cop told me to get out of here and the other officer shot it in the head. There was no narcotics, there was no reason to kill the dog, it was my nieghbors only companion. He is now slowly killing himself with lonliness, he does not go out, he is skin and bones, and he was diagnosed with colon cancer and has no will nor reason to want to live anymore. And if you click on the number next to the votes, my only vote was to kick him off the force. Repeat offense and uncalled for action.

and by the way two officers fired their weapons! one with an automatic rifle and the other with a shot gun. What was the reason for the heavy artiliary?

This may not have a lot to do with the dog incident but goes a long way to explain why the fire power was drawn at the time:

LOD Statistics (http://www.aphf.org/lodstats.html)

On average, a law enforcement officer is killed in the line of duty every 57 hours in America.

Between 1976 and 1998, of the over 1,800 officers killed-- ( /me - this is 5 years old now)

* 16% were on disturbance calls
    * 14% were in robbery arrest situations
    * 14% were investigating suspicious persons/circumstances
    * 13% were making traffic pursuits/stops
    * 13% were attempting arrests for offenses other than robbery or burglary
    * 10% were in ambush situations
    * 7% were in an arrest situation involving drug-related matters
    * 5% were in a burglary arrest situation arrests
    * 6% were in other situations

Of the 901 assailants identified in the killing of law enforcement officers from 1989-98 --

* almost half had a prior conviction
    * almost one-fifth were on probation or parole at the time

Most law enforcement officers are killed with firearms, particularly handguns.

SOURCE: U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics

I cannot understand why they would be a little trigger happy !!!!!

I wouldn't be a cop in America for all the tea in China.

Did that page full of statistics enumerate the number of police officers in the USA who have been killed by yappy little 20-25lb puppy dogs by any chance?

Come on now - if you can't drop kick a 25lb puppy on your own you have _no_ business being a police officer....... Big Old Shepherds, Rotties, Dobies and the odd pitbull are one thing but this was basically a "rat dog", (my phrase for them as a long time owner of 2 shepherds.... ). The officer started shooting before the dog had done anything....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

hang on Tiger Shark, read my original post, some people are **** scared of dogs .... the size of the dog doesn't matter .... if my recollection of the video is correct the dog ran at him, probably sensing the person with the most fear (as dogs do), could explain my first argument - what was he supposed to wait for it to bite him first before reacting, how would it look on tape him kicking the thing - just as bad and he would be just as condemned as he is now ???

Look at the end of the day the dog was doing what dogs do and and was protecting its family from a dog's perceived threat, ...shame they haven't the intelligence to understand the situation.

Secondly the second post is in reply to why American cops probably carry the weaponery they do .... 13% killed in traffic stops .... thats an horrendous figure that no nation should be happy with.

I have a nice little 25lb "rat-dog" as you describe it and it would look in-offensive on a video tape but I dare you to jump my fence and try and kick it.

Like I said, I am not condoning his actions but I am not going to pre-judge him either until I am in receipt of all the facts not just a piece of video tape as damning as it may be.

Phat: I wasn't picking on you in my post and I guess that the "rat dog" comment just kinda makes it worse...... I just got lucky I suppose......

Seriously.... The dog ran from left to right of shot and disappeared at which point the cops opened up on it. Yes, the dog was clearly circling and was probably on his way back on the "inbound" leg. But come on now - how much harm is it going to do? How scared does the big police officer have to be? Had there been people the other side of the dog would the officer have still discharged his firearm in fear? His apparent fear of dogs and his immediate, violent reaction are a danger to the society he is supposed to protect. And if he's scared of little puppy dogs what's he going to do when confronted by something that is actually scarey????? He should not be in his position after this..... There is no right or wrong as to whether he was justified...... His reaction time from seeing the dog to discharge indicates that it is a fearful reaction and it will cause a person harm at some time in the future. Since this is his second "offense" it is clear that this is not a behaviour that he has a lot of control over.