Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invisible users???

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar

Invisible users???

I just got negged for something i have no idea about. Its not the neg thats bugging me, but in my antipoint center it just has a red neg sitting there with a rather weird comment, but it does not show me the thread that was negged. I did a little research, and found that the thread (posted today) is gone. I cant find it anywhere on AO anymore. Any ideas where that post went too, and why it does not tell me on which thread i got negged?

Cheers
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

It's a gas!
    The post obviously got deleted, but the AP's assigned still count unfortunately!

Cheers

I think when a thread is removed, all links to it are also removed. The AP assignment remains, be it positive or negative - this is why the reference to the thread has disappeared from your AP Center.

oh ok, thanx for that info. One more thing, that thread was postive, so why was it removed? And by whom?

Banned
    It would help me if you'd tell us what the post was about: what forum? Who was the original poster?

instronics,

My understanding is that a thread can only be deleted by the author (but only for a limited time) or a moderator, as for the reason - that would be anyone's guess and answering Negative's question might be able to shine some light on the subject.

It was posted by dr_evil, and the post was somethin about kazaa getting problems. I dont remember the forum (maybe AO General chit chat). That thread was postive. After i realized that i got negged by an unkown thread, the whole thread was missing. I just wanted to know if im missing anything here? The FAQ do not mention anything like that.

hmm, ok, so maybe dr_evil del the thread, but why would he neg me, then del the thread after i assigned positive points to it?
    It just dont make sense (forget the neg, just the weirdness of this whole thing)

Fire a PM to Dr_Evil and ask - you may or may not receive a reply.

While the overall status of the thread might have been positive, he was receiving some adverse attention for the post and decided "discretion was the better part of valour" and deleted it. I don't know.... it's just a thought.

Ok, i send an PM, im just curious in a way..... Thanx everyone for your answers. Hope to read way more interesting posts from you people than the thread i have started here

Cheers

deleted

Hi instronics,

Thanx for the good feedback to my post regarding kazaa Users.I dont know if you read 'buckets' comment.It said a similar thread was there and therefore I was negged.I therefore realised it's better to delete the thread before u and me get more negs.

It's strange u were negged even though both source were different and my thread had more on the courtroom outcome:

my link was :news.com

bucket was pointing to this thread:-

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=238983

link : http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/sil...ey/4998036.htm

so now you know what's going on .............

Dr_Evil