Thread: Free Broadband in the UK???

Free Broadband in the UK???

Check it out, sounds too good to be true, probably is, but you never know

Sceptics and ever-hopeful optimists alike shouldn't have to wait too long for the inside story on freebb.co.uk, a new outfit which claims to be offering free broadband.
    http://212.100.234.54/content/22/28988.html (Story - the Register)

http://freebb.co.uk/ (Site offering Free Broadband)

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Therefore, Belgium will be the newest province of the UK !!!!

Cheers mate,

Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

It is really hard to believe. I think BT has most of the copper infrastructure in the UK and can’t imagine them leasing lines for anything less than an overinflated price. I could be still steamed that the “surf anytime” plan has a 150 hour limit per month and finding out the hard way – being locked out. But back to the issue; One thing it could be is like a company in San Diego {www.ricochet.com} that offers high speed internet with wireless modems. I seen it work when I was there and it was pretty fast but you paid a monthly fee. Or I wonder if it is some sort of Citrix setup over a regular cheesy phone line or a 802.11 setup.

I am sticking with the old saying: If it sounds too good to be true – it probably is.
    [glowpurple]The bottom line is the bottom line[/glowpurple]

brackenwood : Well you don't have to commit to anything and all they want is an email address, I will just set up a new hotmail account and see what happens. If they are just using a very sneaky way of getting email addresses and details then they are looking in the wrong place, I have learnt from that one before, but I just don't think I could stand it if they did give free access and I missed out, how annoying would that be ?? Anyway guess we will find out the answer in the next couple of days

believe ?

Hey Guys,

I’ll believe it when it happens. I remember something similar few years ago. For a one off set-up fee of £20, an ISP was offering 56k anytime, lifetime connection for free. Well I paid, waited, and waited and got about 5 ‘Thank you very much for your patience’ letters over the 8 month wait. And then they vanished............

Well I learnt the lesson the hard way…………

You don’t get anything for free. So watch out guys.

Dr_Evil

Well is says its free so if they turn round and ask for money I will tell them to poke off

Banned
    drew wishes he lived in da uk

Hmm, well I live in the sticks and we can't even get ISDN yet! BT said (when I asked whether we'd ever be able to get broadband) "depends, are you planning to move to the city anytime soon?"

I also worked at a dotcom start up which worked on the cynical premise of making enough ad money to support massive launch bonuses which was guaranteed by the number of customers (read suckers) who were willing to visit every week on the promise of some later benefits. Then IPO and disappear before anyone noticed (NB you can do this for about 9 months before people start to notice).

It's a great publicity stunt, and it'll certainly get the exposure a company needs to begin publicising it's real business case (if it has one), however, as Brackenwood says unbelievable deals often turn out to be just that.

Rachel
    668 - the neighbor of the beast

Its a good scam, and, best of all its quite legal, what u do is this, offer something for a one off fee, a once in a lifetime opertunity, then u wait, u wait untill the intrest in your accounts grows to a sizable ammount, then u give everyone there monet back, minus the intrest.

Well if it is true i will be very slow and there must be a cacth Freeserve is the best isp by far
    Bt has restrcitions on how much you can use a month freeserve doesnt