Bbn Iad?

Thread: Bbn Iad?

Bbn Iad?

anyone who knows what the BBN IAD service (running on port 1030 tcp) is?
    I know that is stands for BBN (Bolt, Beranek and Newman) Interface Access Device which operates as a bridge/router between IP, X.25, asynch links, etc.
    i did a little google search but it didnt came up much

this is my post where i start wondering what this is
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=239023

thanks!
    n/a

c'mon guys... anyone?
    no one can answer?damn, this site has over 5000 users and no one can answer? :\\
    n/a

How about this?

1030 is often one of the first port used by the operating system for outbound connections, thus it is likely you will see outbound connections from port 1030. If you run netstat you will see something like:
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I did some online research and came up with the following information... hope this helps solve some of your question.
    (company) BBN Technolgoies - A company, originally known as Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Inc. (BBN), based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
    BBN were awarded the original contract to build the ARPANET and have been extensively involved in Internet development. They are responsible for managing NNSC, CSNET, and NEARnet.
    The language LOGO was developed at BBN, as was the BBN Butterfly supercomputer.

IAD - A dynamic analyser from IBM <http://computing-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/IBM> giving information on run-time performance and code use

Banned
    FYI: It's generally not a good idea to reply to a thread that is this old.

Welcome to AO. Please read the FAQ.

Originally posted here by Winston
    FYI: It's generally not a good idea to reply to a thread that is this old.

Welcome to AO. Please read the FAQ.
    While generally I agree... if the poster has some relevant information that has not been posted on the question, then I don't see a problem. But who knows whats "acceptable" here... seems as if it changes weekly...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.