Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Activist: Ban gay-shooting game...

Activist: Ban gay-shooting game...

Guys,

Here's a non-common info...

A Dutch gay activist is fighting to outlaw the import of a U.S. computer game in which the player can shoot homosexuals, junkies, dogs and cats...
    Source and full story here

Bye.

DKRR

.... and we wonder why the world is in the state its in now.

At least we here in Oz are spared this trash with it being banned from import.

A decent cause, I suppose. My question, though, is this: How do you know you're shooting homosexuals in games, unless they are flaming homosexuals, and therefore, mostly, offensive? (I hate political correctness. Its a load of ****..I mean...I have a rather awful distaste for it...its a load of ****.)

No, i believe the game was designed for them to shoot politicians. but the government disagreed and thus made it into homosexuals. either way the game would have been banned. lets all blame things on the politicians, they are the ones behind all the worlds evil.

In case you dont understand, only part of this is a joke, the other part is true, i wonder if you can guess which part
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Banned
    Here's a link a coworker of mine found while being bored at work.

It's called Ass Hunter

You're a hunter who hunts (naked) homosexuals.
    You lose by becoming their "victim".

No matter how much censorship is conducted, people will get the products they want. Either by eBay, Internet shops or black market.

Hopefully, it's the people that can know better....

er0k
    Originally posted here by ^Mobius^
    A decent cause, I suppose. My question, though, is this: How do you know you're shooting homosexuals in games, unless they are flaming homosexuals, and therefore, mostly, offensive? (I hate political correctness. Its a load of ****..I mean...I have a rather awful distaste for it...its a load of ****.)
    why so? do you hate being pc because you cant do it or because you are a bigot? i can understand the former, but the latter can be changed. there is completely nothing wrong with using language in a manner that doesnt offend an entire group of people. whats sick is the people that use the language, that oppress the people all over the world. Especially people that are GLBT. (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transexual)

Basically, i see being non-pc and non-accepting as an inferiority complex, where you cant help but try to take out someone with enough pride to be different. or as a need to compensate for something that person doesnt have. its disheartening.

My first thought here is that if this were a game that you shot straight white men because they were straight white men....oh wait, a game like that would never be made, would it? Now, if this were a game where your victims were black men, it would already be off the market. If this were a game where you chased naked women around and shot them it would already be off the market. Why are gays any different? It's disgusting trash IMO and should be banned. Free Speech was never meant to cover something like this.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

i really don't see the issue with any of these "offensive" games. It's a video game; it's pixels on a television screen, who cares if they are shooting at gay people or black people or white people, its just a game.

er0k
    that game represents hatred. Sure lets all make a game where you are a Ku Klux Klan member and get to kill certain races, sounds like 'just a game" to me... hrm.. doesnt represent bigotry or suppremecy in any fashion does it.. </sarcasm> those games make people believe that its ok to do certain things subconsciously. not so much as killing, but the way the games are laid out in a form allowing for outside the game hatred. its just sickening. its not just a game, its a statement of ignorance and ineptness.

Old Fart
    You know, it's actually a sad commentary on our society as whole when you consider how much violence passes as entertainment. I can't help but wonder why violence would be considered acceptable as long as it's politically correct? For that matter, can violence even BE politically correct?
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...