interesting

Thread: interesting

Banned

interesting

i cant seem to resolve many pages talking to some people it seems that its happening to many people another ddos attack it seems this time amied at uunet and a big attack on mssql servers as well... if your running a web server check your logs i seem to have a **** load of well **** in their...
    rioter

started around 13.30hrs (0530GMT) here in Western Australia - about the time my ISP servers fell over .... seems they are blocking port 1434 now .... I am not seeing a thing in my logs.

Seems to be worldwide, just got an email off the Bugtraq mailing list complaining of same thing and a friend here running through Telstra's ISP services is getting a pounding.

Timely warning for anyone running a MS SQL server, RiOtEr .

Kwiep
    My server got the same thing and some others I frequently visit to, I just "looked at the logs" and that fixed half the ****. People just should always check their logs, even if you're not a big company or something ... My server is in a computerlab I helped setup the network, but else I'd run it at home, but by just looking at the logs, my server is still up and not even haveing any noticable slowdown.

p.s.
    rioter even after 2 years it's still hard to read any post of you. I like the style without periods komma's and whatever, tough
    Double Dutch

started around 13.30hrs (0530GMT) here in Western Australia - about the time my ISP servers fell over .... seems they are blocking port 1434 now ....
    I think they are... they blocking port 1434 , same as my place..

I just look in this site...
    There appears to be a Microsoft SQL Monitor worm spreading. Massive UDP traffic on port 1434 is affecting major internet backbones, including UUNET. Of course, servers and home users are being flooded as well. Many websites are currently inaccessible or slow, depending on your location and ISP. More information as I find it out... Update 3:32 AM EST: Check out the Packet Loss and Reachability graphs here: http://average.matrix.net/
    the link http://www.driverheaven.net/index.php?
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

Kwiep
    I blocked port 1433 to, there was also much incoming/outgoing crap on that one...
    Double Dutch