Thread: Am i a victim of flame wars

Post Am i a victim of flame wars

Dear AO,

I think i might be a victim of continuous negs from vrious people. as most of you know, every since i joined AO i was grey for a long time then i posted my tutorial and i got alot of support for it. now its starting again, i dont want to mention names because i dont want to make things worse. this is a bad thing because is it just me or is it people who are leveling out the status, i dont know, and is it only happening to me. i only neg people when their post is about what this site is against or if they have useless information, and i only do that sometimes. i give positives to people who have relative informative info. if its just common questions ect i dont give out any AP's.

ok, just for example, i posted something once and it was a suggestion to search for it on google, and a forum search. and anonymous said she/he had looked on google and a forum search and said i was stupid for saying something like that. but in he/her first post she never said she looked through google. so i replied that if you said you had done the forum search and used google already, i wouldnt have posted saying to look there. that person negged me for that post. and i recieve negs for that post (because of the messages) but i am negged on different posts. is this because of this persons friends are negging me at random for different posts that are not related to the one they are negging me about. anyway,

just wondering if there is anything i can do about it, or do i have to bear the weight and let the storm blow over??
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hey Trust_not_123,

sorry to hear that. Ive been going through the same lately. Theres nothin you can do against that. You have bear that weight. It sux big time, i know. Dont let it get to you too much though. I almost left AO after the flame war i got. Thanx to the support from the other AO members, i posted good posts and got my postives APs back again. Check out previous posts about AP, see what people have suggested. And most important of all, keep up the good posts. I enjoy reading your posts.

Keep going
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

thanks instronics, i know you and dark raider and other members have really helped me through the tough times at AO. and of course auntie who has helped me in other personal matters.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

In my honest opinion. I think it happens to everyone, that was my expierence when I joined AO, just bite your lip and get over it. It doesn't last forever.

It does happen to everyone and the best thing that you can do is keep your posts good quality posts no short one word or sentence replies (dont confuse length with quality) and dont complain/whine about antipoints. If you get anitpoints deal with it and work on creating a better article next time. That is just MHO but it was the feed back that I have received while I have been here.
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

ok, thanks guys, i will keep that in mind
    ----Homer J Simpson----