zonealarm pro

Thread: zonealarm pro

zonealarm pro

Since a few days i've a problem with my connection. When i'm testing my speed at www.speedtest.nl i see a that the connection time to several servers at very low speed. Now i'm worried that the problem is my firewall. I've heard of servel people that zonealarm slows down your speed on the net. But on the other end i think it's the best firewall there is. What to do??

The Iceman Cometh
    In my experience, ZoneAlarm doesn't slow anything down (at least not in terms of the Internet). Check to see what processes are running in the background. If your CPU is working at a high capacity, sometimes your Internet will appear slow. Also, scan for viruses and trojans using a good anti-virus program (with updated definitions) and a trojan remover. If the problem persists, contact your ISP to find out if they are having any problems.

AJ

Hi,

I have ZoneAlarm Pro too, but it doesn't slow your speed that much. It could be due to a lot of things if you are having lack of speed. I'd recommend you to check for other possibilities before blaming your firewall.

To check if your firewall is the real problem do a ping from your command prompt several times to some addresses, first with your firewall activated and then with your firewall deactivated. You'll realize that your firewall doesn't use too much bandwith.

Good luck!!!

DKRR

I'm running Pest Patrol several times a week to see if any spyware is on my computer. Also i use Norton Antivirus to check for virus. I've already contacted my provider but got no good answer why my speed is so loo. Before Zonealarm i used the firewall from Norton. The reason that i switched is that it slows down my speed. So i hoped with zonealarm my problems will be solved.

Fist check for virus online cos your Norton might be disabled by virus.Pestcontrol don t know.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    Your firewall doesn t slow you down!

What s your speed and what are you using.......adsl or cable?
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

Unhappy

I've just check my connection speed............ 92 Kbyte! I've have cable. Also i've checked Norton Antivirus if it's working propely and it is. Still don't know why my speed is so loo. Normaly my speed is around 300 Kbytes.

Banned
    I have Blackice runs very well and the inface rocks zonealarm looks like trash lol but is a very good firewall !

~ Neo

Do a quick online scan with housecall to be sure!
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye