Thread: Stolen Identity ?

Stolen Identity ?

I dont want to jump to conclusions, but after searching US search.com I noticed that after searching my name(first,middle,and last exactly) it came up with my name , age, and city and state where I could be found. The odd part is that ive never lived in that state and it is nowhere near me. And my name is not very common at all. I dont want to pay for (ussearch.com)their service so how can I find out more info on this name and if someone is using my identity?And what other ways can I find out more about myself(excluding google and whowhere.com)
    Janine

well it could be someone else with the same name and same age... pretty rare but could happen.... when you searched search.com did it come up with a site or just the name, age and location .. try going to the site and reading more about that person..
    try going to another search engine and searching for the same thing.... see what it comes up with ..... stealing identity in real life is rare but i have seen cases on tv where it has been done... online identity is easier to steal but still a challenge...... id say its just a freak occurance of someone with the same name and age... it could also be a mistake .. who knows.. i dont really know how you could find out more info.

try

www.dogpile.com
    www.altavista.com

try looking up the yellowpages in that area or in yours online for names like yours etc
    just do a search for search engines heh
    Just because you don\'t see it doesn\'t mean it\'s not there

Dahvid:
    well it could be someone else with the same name and same age... pretty rare but could happen....
    How true. Infact, this has happend to me.
    I went to the court house to pay a fine (fishing without a license) and they said.. ok, so we'll see you back here July 13th. I was like...
    Wait... I just paid my fine, why do I have to come to court?

They told me I had three outstanding traffic tickets and I had to come to court.

I thought there must have been some mistake.. as I have only had one traffic violation and that was all cleared. They told me that I'd have to find out and talk to the officers who issued the tickets and clear it up with them.

Come to find out... there is another person with the same exact name, first, middle initial (not sure about name) and last name and the same birthday/birthyear. The only thing that was different were my social security number and the description of this person.

This person actually is only one state away from me. I have thought about meeting this person... but with all the legal trouble he has been in... I'm not too sure that I actaully want to.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

yeh its very rare but i have seen it happen aswell.
    Just because you don\'t see it doesn\'t mean it\'s not there

Old Fart
    Heh...US search didn't pull me at all, nor did it pull a gentleman in Indiana who not only shares my name, but also my exact same birthday. I know he exists because he almost cost me my drivers lic. once, but US search has no record of either of us...doesn't say much for its overall reliability.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Thanks for all the replys!Hopefully its just a error in printing.
    Does anyone know how to gather (legal)information with out paying for it.Or maybe a public
    info database where I can search?
    Janine

Banned
    ahh guys is there an AU search, i wanna find my double =P

Broadband_Junky,
    You might wanna start here:
    FreePublicRecords