Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Hat 8.0 acting slow !

just a point of interest, how much RAM have u got in this system as redhat recomends at least 128 meg for GUI mode which youre obviously using, but they say 192 is better for GUi mode, but it will run in text only with 64 meg, i have a p-3 667 w/ 256 meg ram and a pci voodoo 3, but its not online yet but it performs quite well

I too found that redhat 8 was quite a resource hog. I played around with it for about a week killing services and such before i got sick of it. I switched to slackware and It is much quicker. even with kde 3.1

Listen up everybody. This question does not concern the speed of Red Hat itself, but the speed of the intenet connection when running Red Hat as compared to running XP. Please Read The First Post Before You Post!!!!!!
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Originally posted here by ThePreacher
    Listen up everybody. This question does not concern the speed of Red Hat itself, but the speed of the intenet connection when running Red Hat as compared to running XP. Please Read The First Post Before You Post!!!!!!
    I was just replying to the others in the thread who said they had issue's with redhat itself running slow. Sorry for any confusion.