Image servers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image servers.

Image servers.

When are the image servers going to be up and running. i use AO everyday and more, and without the image server running properly it makes it very hard to do. i use opera and i jusr disable the pics when the server is down. but this has been like 3 days. i hope it gets fixed soon, i think i am starting to have withdrawl symptons. :P
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

TN123,

At this time i'm used to browse AO without graphics but i know it's very difficult for new members. I really can't understand why this problem can happen almost every two weeks. I know of servers going down but i had never seen another site that has this kind of problems almost every time. It's really weird. Why the image server goes down so often? I think when you have a common problem you get used to fix it quickly, more if this problem happens sooooo often. Ah!!!... OK... i know... they're busy

Bye.

DKRR

yea, i am not a newbie and i dont find it hard, i just find it alittle boring i suppose. i hope they fix it soon
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

text browser

Use elinks

A great text based www browser (*nix)

beats that lynx !!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Without the graphics I cannot figure out how to read the AP status of any individual posts. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, why does AO need a seperate server for its images? This seems like a waste of hardware to me. Tell me he wasn't using an unpatched version of SQL Server 2000... :|
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

why does AO need a seperate server for its images?
    hmm my guess would be for faster loading times but i think it an old server thats why JP has had problems with it in the past i also noticed it tries to load ads.antionline.com but it starts to "choke" when tryin to load the image im the same as trust_not_123 i just block the images when AO is loading slow and add a rule to my iptables to bloac ads.antionline.com and everything loads fine it just doesent look "fancy" but it is still AO
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

aeallison the ap image has an alt="" tag so a GOOD browser would show it if images are disabled
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

aeallison,

I don't know if it is what i'm thinking but if it is, click your mouse right button over the place the "disappeared" AP status bar should be and choose "properties". Then, at the top of the new windows that opens, it will tell you: "somewhat-positive.gif" for example... and well, that's it!!!

Bye.

DKRR

Thank you.

the_JinX,

I am useing the latest release of Mozilla (prone to sporadically erase whole paragraphs of a post before I can submit it) Is ther a better browser that will run on a win2k box? I will try it. Internet explorer freezes up due to an incompatibility with my AMD processor and M$'s code.

-DaRK-RaiDeR-,

I am referring to the AP bar that shows the individuals AP point status of that particular post.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

aeallison,

If you mean the AP bar above your nick name and at the left of "Assign Positive or Negative AntiPoints To This Post", then that's exactly what i mean too so you can follow the steps i told you above.

Bye,

DKRR