Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ad-Aware 6 Plus TBR Soon

The Iceman Cometh

Exclamation New Ad-Aware 6 Plus TBR Soon

I know there was a post discussion the discontinuation of Ad-Aware 5 recently, so I thought I'd inform everyone about Ad-Aware 6, to be released very shortly. Besides a drastic improvement upon the already proven technology, Lavasoft (on their new and improved site) is also releasing a new Professional version to complement their Standard and Plus packages.

Also, you can find a full review of the new Plus version here.

Finally, sometime in early February, you will be able to download the Standard (free) version here.

AJ

I really like Ad-Aware! (in fact i just scanned/cleaned with it)...
    If you download a lot of shareware, freeware, etc.. it's a def must- although i've never had any problems with the free version... what are some of the upgrade benefits? anyway- thanx for the heads up :-)
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

i agree with you tampa, when i first installed xp on the laptop i ran ad-aware.........WOW, thats all i gotta say, it found so much ****.its good stuff, and i do d/l alot of stuff.thanx for the heads up on that avdven.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Has anyone used Seek&Destroy? I was actually planning on using it if Ad-Aware went down. I'm very happy to hear that it is not. It has saved my ass a number of times. Especially from the webhancer LSP and new.net LSP crap that gets dumped into the TCP/IP stack.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Hey thehorse13,

Do you mean the program Spybot-Search & Destroy? I use it on a few machines at the office and have found it to do a pretty decent job. It's not really user friendly enough for newbies (IMO) because when you use the "Check for Problems" mode with all the options, it will check for spyware, popular trojans and known security holes where users could be tracked via default program logs. As a result, if you don't know what manipulating these could do (beyond S&D's narrative help screen) you could mess something up in a small way.

Having said that, I still think it is a worthwhile program and belongs in any security utility bag of tricks. I have been using it for about 3 months without any problems and with excellent results. I downloaded my copy from www.webattack.com in the freeware section.

If you didn\'t want so much, you wouldn\'t be so stressed and unhappy.

argent, oooops :-)

Yes, I did mean SEARCH & Destroy. Man, I need to get more sleep!

I guess I will give it a try. Sounds like a nice backup to have to compliment Ad-Aware.

Thanks for the post!
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I am using adaware 5.83 and it's working fine, but i'm very intrested on the new version. Thanks avdven. Also the previous version has removed from my PC the Alexa.

Links to Ad-AWARE 6 are now on the www.lavasoft.de site. However, if you click on them, they give you a message:

Ad Aware6 will not be available until the beginning of February.

I'm gonna keep a close eye on this site. Ad-Aware has saved my a$$ a bunch of times.

This Posted at 7:11UTC 2day Here
    Just thought I'd let everyone know that the new version of Ad-Aware is all listed to be downloaded but they are notifying their registered users right now. The 6.0 version is all listed on their homepage to be downloaded tomorrow! Woo Hoo
    not sure as to when "tomorrow" starts

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

The Free Version seems to be available from this Site
    This is the first that I have been able to get to work...

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr