irc question

Thread: irc question

irc question

i looked through the tutorials on AO and found nothing regarding how to configure mIRC to use a proxy so i apologize in advance if i missed it. but my question is, how do i configure mIRC to use my proxy, im usin JAP.ive heard alot of good(and bad) things about irc and i wanna learn to use it,but because of the bad things i wanna make sure im anonymous before i use it. i have tutorials on commands and such but i couldnt find one on how to configure your proxy to mIRC. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

What better way to find out than to use google?! I found it in like 2 secs.

http://theproxyconnection.com/mirc.html
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

phish this site is for the proxy connection servers, you have to be registered first, which im not, and im not sure that i want to yet. it doesnt explain how to use your present proxy(in my case JAP) to work with mIRC, but i will look some more on google, thanx for the thought though.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.

its just easier to register. all it means is that you can have access in certain channels and able to become and op. you can always de-register later.
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Open the Mirc options and expand the connect option, then click on firewall....the rest should be self explanatory but i'll explain just in case. Choose your protocol being socks version 4 or 5 or proxy from the drop down menu and in firewall support you typically want to choose both, to enable this choose a option being server or dcc then go back to it and choose both. The rest is just filling in the boxes. Hope this helps
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

darksnake. i was in the process of doing exactly what you said to do, i was just winging it really, tryin to use common sense. but i filled out the info and it says unable to connect to firewall. under firewall support i have both ticked then for protocol i have proxy ticked and my username is typed in , i left uname and passwd blank and under port i have 4001, cause thats the port JAP is using for all inbound/outbound connections. the firewall comes up with the rule wizard for it, but mIRC cant connect. ill keep playin with it but so far i havent found anything.and i dont have a credit card(i would send myself in to debt quicker then a one-minute man) and i dont wanna use one of my checks for something that im not sure if ill even keep. id like to play with it some before i register.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.

Mirc used to use a proxy called BNC, which allowed you to skip though maskin ur ip, later on socks... etc became avalible so they used that

But quite a few irc servers run Anti-proxy bots (Blitzed open proxy monitor for e.g) which probe the connectin ip for 23, 1080, 8080 etc etc....which will give u a nice litttle Kline/Gline if they find one.

btw the proxy option is in file-options- firewall the setup the type u want to use.

Preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html