IRC down?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRC down?

IRC down?

I can't seem to connect to irc.antionline.com this morning, either through the java client or through mIRC. I've been checking it off and on all morning with the same results.

I tried to traceroute it and it dies somewhere out in alternet land, so I don't know if it's just my route there is down, or if something else is up.

/shrug

Also I searched to see if anyone else posted about this and didn't see anything so it's probably just me :/

El Diablo
    Share on Google+

Its not just you, I can't connect either. (Since I don't have the java plugins on my browser, I'm using the IRC Client in RH8). It says "Connection failed. Error: Connection refused."
    Oh well, maybe I will just call work and see if I can switch my sunday hours so I can go to the party that evening....
    But HEY! At least the graphics are up again! Now I know what I'm pressing!
    Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.
    Share on Google+

Yup it's down, and I'm getting the same error, plain old connection refused. I don't know what's wrong w/ it but it's been down all day. Hopefully it'll come back up sometime soon, I need my IRC. At least I have the MSN sn's for all the people I normally talk to so I'm talking to them anyway, but good God it's confusing to have all these little windows popping up all over the place

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
    Share on Google+

Developer Extraordinar
    Jeeze folks, did you for get about me already! Remember irc.unerror.com's always open, and ther is a JAVA client avalible on my site, but hopefully the IRC server will be back up soon.

*Pokes JP, "Hurry Up!"

Lates;

MicroBurn
    Come to UnError.com
    Share on Google+

Sorry about your IRC problem folks...
    <sarcasm>please don't do anything rash, like reformat your drive or something, it will be fixed soon enough.</sarcasm>

lol ... just joking, I have been looking at the title of this thread for hours and kept thinking of all of the dedicated AOers that can't get their IRC fix for the day. I hope I don't offend anyone here with this post, if so I will at least know who the IRC addicts are
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?
    Share on Google+

heh, MB I never knew about your server... until now that is.

aellison - LOL I'm bored at work today and was looking for something to burn time with, I just had to surf the web and actually learn something for a change vs. logging on IRC and chatting away

El Diablo
    Share on Google+

I need IRC. I want my IRC... where is IRC?

*twitches*

I have been without it all day, and I even had to go to unError to get my fix. I am sure it will be back soon.

cheers
    Share on Google+

Don't be too surprised when this sorta thing happens. I've noticed that a lot of people get disgruntled and love to Ping IRC servers to death, classic DoS. It happens to DALNet often enough, anyways.

BTW..AO's IRC is irc.antionline.com:6667, the standards, right?

Just checking...I'll have to sign onto it soon! ::Grin:
    Share on Google+

Developer Extraordinar
    Yeah, it is, but while it's down, as I said, your all very welcome to use my server. As stated above, see ya soon!
    Come to UnError.com
    Share on Google+

Computer Forensics
    Yes People, AntiOnline's chat server is down and has been all day. Connection refused=daemon is down= port 6667 is not open. However, as previously mentioned, irc.unerror.com #unerror : 6667 is up and running. Please redirect your irc clients there for the time being if you wish to chat, Be kind enough to thank Microburn for setting up a server for people to use.
    see in in irc.
    Your friendly IRC Operator - hogfly
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust
    Share on Google+