Users Online Now

Thread: Users Online Now

Users Online Now

Hello guyz,

Just wanted to quote this feature for one time.
    All of us who think we have read all of AO, or almost quite a bit of it, can use this feature to learn more : Users Online Now

For one, i have learnt and seen many interesting posts by looking into what the guests were doing. Oh yes there are the new members who keep snooping around, you can get to see from that also. I know for a fact that not many users know about this, so i thought i'd tell it's alternate and more effective use which was to visit interesting threads. AO has so many features - it takes time to unfold.
    Anyway, Good luck with it.

-inv
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Banned
    wouldnt this have made more sense to put into a part of the forums about site options or new options. It could be considered a new option to people who have never seen it : )

well just an idea for next time... General Chit Chat seems so over used that placeing it in New Features would make it easier to spot for people looking for such info.

good find, cheers

-

Yeah, i think it's kind of funny...
    AO is a Anti_Hacker / Security Site, but you will notice that there are always guests, downloading exploits, mailbombers, etc... I still don't undertsand why AO keeps that crap on their servers, esp since most of it is outdated... I can understand posting links to sites like that (maybe not understand, more like not mind) but keeping that black-hat material has, in my eyes, no real benefits...

Anyway- Nice post invader, i almost forgot about that func...
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Banned
    To the people giving me negatives for my suggestion why dont you put ur name with the negative? i mean you call me a newbie and crap and i obviously dont have enough say on this site to do anything to you so why are you so scared???

And i did not say post it in Site Suggestion but rather under New Options, Even if its not a new option its still an option not everyone knows about thus as close to new as u can be without actually being new. General chit chat is so cluttered that hardly anyone actually looking to learn site features will look there for them. Seriously get real and quit throwing me negatives because im new here.

GCC forum is a good forum and what do you know if it is over used if you just have some few days here?
    Anyone with half a brain can see its cluttered with threads cause of its general topic

No. Site suggestions is not the correct forum and this is not a new feature.
    No one mentioned anything about site suggestion, maybe if u spent more time reading post and less time throwing around negatives you would have seen this and also why i suggested New Features. If its such a well known feature then what the hell is the point in this post in the first place?

So heres my next suggestion, Grow up children.

-S

Banned
    sharky0o > Could you please stop your whining, so I don't have to close perfectly good posts because you ruin them with your bitching? Thank you!

And the one who assigned you negs might be 'scared', but at least he followed the N1 Antipoints-guideline: AntiPoints are supposed to be anonymous....

I checked the link out and it said I was editing signature??????I was in "users online now"

----when i "refreshed" it corrected itself---very interesting

Thanks Raider- I got it!!
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

jxrry59,

The thing is that (for example) if you are in AO main page and go to "Users Online Now" then for you it will tell you that you are in "AntiOnline Main Index" because it was the last page you reloaded, so if you reload the page inside the "Users Online Now" then it will tell you that you are "Viewing Who's Online". Remember that it shows you the last page you reload so (another example) if you are in "Main Index" then go to "Forums" and then to "General Chit Chat Forum"... but then you click the "Go back" button of your Web Browser to return to AO main page and from there you go to "Users Online Now", then it will show you that you are in "General Chit Chat Forum" because it was the last page you reloaded (remember it doesn't count the "Users Online Now" the first time you load it).

Hope you got the point.

DKRR

Originally posted here by Negative
    sharky0o > Could you please stop your whining, so I don't have to close perfectly good posts because you ruin them with your bitching? Thank you!

And the one who assigned you negs might be 'scared', but at least he followed the N1 Antipoints-guideline: AntiPoints are supposed to be anonymous....
    True, whining get's annoying. Ruining great threads because of bitching and being a dickhead is also annoying.

Negative: I guess I followed the #1 rule then!
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned

Thumbs up

The Users online now feature is pretty cool i think there are always guests and memebers on Ao, god knows what i would do with out this place. By the way like your post DKRR

Neo-Icarus