WinXP on NT/98/2000 Network

Thread: WinXP on NT/98/2000 Network

WinXP on NT/98/2000 Network

Hey again, quick question:
    We are starting to use XP here at my work, and are having a few networking issues. Everything runs OK, but when you go to network neighborhood, you only see 1/4 of the machines on this network. These machines are mostly 2000. A few NT machines show up, but they dont seem to be configured any differently then the ones that do not show up. All the NON-XP Machines can see eachother just fine, as well as the XP machines.

Hope some one can help!
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Go into network and dial-up settings and disable 802.1x support. This *should* take care of it.

This is on the XP boxes.

Hope this helps.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I disabled it, restarted, and nothing appears to have changed... It's wierd, because I can do a search for Computers, and find the ones that dont show up, and connect to them fine as well. I just can't see all the computers in network neighborhood....
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

98 does not support the same networking as XP, unless they are WAY patched up 98 SE...
    I suggest ME if the computers are old...ME isn't that much better than 98, but it is able to Network with 2000 and XP. I had this problem once....well...hope this helps..

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Could that be a issue dealing with netbios perhaps? anyone know?
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Check to see if firewalling is turned off and be sure that all of your boxes have file and print sharing for microsoft networks installed. All of this is in the properties of your LAN connection.

I would also be sure that each box has a user account setup that exactly matches on the others. So, setup the same credentials on your XP box as you have on your W2K box and see if that helps.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden