Terminal services error

Thread: Terminal services error

Terminal services error

"Because of security error, the client could not connect to the Terminal server. After making sure that you are logged on to the network, try connecting to the server again"

After trying to connect from a terminal i have been getting this error. I have tried a different terminal in it's place and seem to be able to log on with no issues at all. has anyone ever had this problem happen to them? if there is any other information you need to know i'll try and provide it. thanks

Is the terminal on the same subnet? I think it has to be if it is a networked terminal, a improperly configured NIC could cause this or low bandwidth due to excessive network traffic. Have you checked these?
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

it is on the same subnet mask, nothing has changed really outside of another hub being put into effect. We haven't changed anything else in the network and all the other systems work fine. As i said, we tried and replaced the terminal with another one and the netwrok seems to be fine. I compared the settings for the working terminal to the non working termianl and they had been set the same.

Sounds like the problem is in your NIC. Have you tried replacing it with a different known working card? You might try reloading the NIC drivers. Can this terminal "talk" to other computers via its networked connection? Can it be acessed by term services from another terminal. I suppose I am stabbing in the dark, but, this is the procedures I would use if faced with this problem.

sorry, it's a dump terminal so NIC is invloved. I can ping the terminal from the server, but the terminal is unable to reach the server. The DHCP seems to be working since it gives me an IP address in which i can ping, but still comes up with this error. If i had a PC with NIC i would try what you suggested before i had posted on this site. Being that it is a dump terminal or what else is called a thin client, i am at a loss for what to do.

Can you telnet in? I am unfamiliar with your dumb terminal, I have not used a device like that since the '80s Something is blocking or refusing the packets being sent...can you tell if they are being blocked or refused, or reflected back to its scource?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Microsoft's Knowledge Base can be a wonderful thing..... then again it can also suck the big one.....

Try this
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Thanks, that was a big help.