Email forwarding and spam filters

Thread: Email forwarding and spam filters

Email forwarding and spam filters

I use mail forwarding from a domain name (not for any dubious purpose) so my home email goes from my ISP's mail server to another mail server and then out to its intended recipient....at least that's the theory. Anyway, my problem is this - when I mail my friends at a certain technology company (and it's a big one), my mails vanish. I've talked to them and it's because their mail filters look at the path my mail has taken, interpret that as either spoofing or relaying and then delete the mail. This is intensely irritating as I have to log onto my web based email to resend and if I do that I can't send attachments. Anybody know if there is a way to get round this. Sorry I know this isn't exactly security, but there has to be a way!

Cheerio

Englishgirl1
    668 - the neighbor of the beast

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    You say this isn't for dubiuos purposes..... Ok... I'll buy that, but what would be the purpose of this setup? If I can understand that I might be better able to help..... or at least tell you it can't be done....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Dubious?

Hmm, well it's like this - I run a website for someone else and I have web forwarding and at the time I set up email forwarding as it means I can make up email addresses on the hoof in order to track which commercial websites are spamming me (so for example, Microsoft think my email address is microsoft@mydomainname.com). Also, my ISP username is one which could not easily be associated with me, and when anyone finds out what it is, I get the same inane questions, the answer to which is "no, not anymore, I used to do that, but now I don't" (now that sounds far too interesting - it's nothing remotely erotic!)

Anyway, so most of my mail goes out webmaster@....... and generally this works fine, except with this particular company.

Any ideas? I would dearly love to use another mail reader if this is the root cause of the problem (I use Outlook because the other person who uses this PC is fond of it - I'm not but can't find any decent reasons to jettison it just yet).

Cheerio

Englishgirl1
    668 - the neighbor of the beast