Thread: net send in windows 2000 pro

net send in windows 2000 pro

how cand i disable net send coz i dont want to receive messages i only want to send messages can i disable it??

Get a firewall be it hardware or software and configure it to allow these messages out but not in...

Thread about Software Firewalls http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=232475

And another about firewalls in general http://www.antionline.com/showthread...ware+firewalls

and a Google Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...ware+firewalls
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Or if you have windows XP/windows 2000 (I don't think net send is an issue with win95/98/me, correct me if I am wrong), you can go to administrative tools -> services, disable messenger. It is the messenger service that allows you to receive those messages.

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Can't disable Messenger Service 'cuz he still wants to be able to send the messages.

nebulus, you are right about 95/98/me. Winpopup is the 9x/Me implementation.

Cheers
    Put down the mouse......Step away from the keyboard!
    --Me

disableing the messanger service will still allow you to use the net send command. my computer is configured that way and my net send utility works fine
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I believe the netsend utility will only message computers on the same sunet. Can you change your subnet mask? Of course that would kick you off of the network, depending on the architecture of your network you may still be able to access the internet. I am not sure this is what you have in mind...

I posted a thread in Tech Humor on some fun with net send at the expense of some skiddie if you would like it is located here .

I think this was one of my first threads I started here...<ponders>
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

i dont find any effective command to disable the net send command
    :fire devil

run "compmgmt.msc" goto services. and really it is just turning the "Messenger-service" to MANUAL.
    M $+ $str(0,$rand(5,20)) $+ h