Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agnitum Outpost vs Leak Tests

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar

Agnitum Outpost vs Leak Tests

I was searching around for some info and found this tid bit in Agnitum's FAQ section. I figured I'd post this for any Outpost users who may be concerned by it.

We are aware that Outpost Firewall passes LeakTest and YALTA; fails TooLeaky, FireHole and OutBound because we have performed internal tests here at Agnitum. This vulnerability was discovered several months ago and we immediately started working on a new version of our engine because we consider this vulnerability is serious. The alpha version of Outpost Firewall being tested right now is able to block all these leak tests.
    From
    http://www.agnitum.com/support/outpo...html#security4
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

hey thanx alot for this i am using outpost now, but was thinking of switching to blackice.now i will for sure, thanx again.

I'm glad i switch to black ice I alwalys felt it wasn't that secure this justs confirms it.
    thx.

Banned
    Ummm. .. EVERY Windows software firewall will fail that test... allow IE acces, and TooLeaky uses IE to 'broadcast' its message...

Well, Black Ice fails GRC.com's leak test... http://grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm

Originally posted here by Negative
    Ummm. .. EVERY Windows software firewall will fail that test... allow IE acces, and TooLeaky uses IE to 'broadcast' its message...
    Sygate didn t fail the test if you put it in the ASK mode!

When you get a pop-up warning Look at detail and block the traffic !

There was apparently no leak.
    Your computer or internet connection is very slow or most likely the grc.com webside is down temporarily.
    Please try again later.

This doesn t say it is very well defending your box cos most users don t have their firewall in the ask-mode!

You also need Enable dll authentication

Sygate did fail with Yalta!But i think Yalta didn t work on my box since their was 0 traffic in the firewall logs and the router didn t blink at all!
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

Ugh, I'm not to bothered, it's better than ZA and Black Ice atleast.....oh well..I also have a Hardware Firewall so I'll be fine I think....tanx for the info though.

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Re: Agnitum Outpost vs Leak Tests

Kerio also didn t fail the test!

After testing Norton,Outpost and Sygate this will be the firewall i keep!

You can download it at

http://www.kerio.com/us/kpf_download.html
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

Kwiep
    Well my hardware firewall pasted all test so far, but kerio and tiny also passed and even a home cooked thing combined with agnitum survived... Securing a pc is not only installing a firewall, it's also knowing what the hell it is supposed to do. A windows box can be secure even without firewall (uh ooh dangerous area, well not 100% secure then ?) if you just set it up darn well...
    Double Dutch

I have tested my system with the leak test and ZoneAlarm passes, but most firewalls pass. Passing should be, and is, the norm.