Thread: IIS win2k installation

IIS win2k installation

Ok... no Anti points please, u gotta love newbies!?!?

I wana install IIS (web server) on a Box and then secure it up before stickin it on the net, i gotta copy of Win 2k pro, and a hub is it possible to stick the win2k on the box connect it to a hub and then view a web site on the web server via the hub?

+ if im not talking complete rubbish here has ne1 got ne tips on how to first set up IIS with win 2k and then on How to secure it?

+ Or should i say try 2 secure it... Microsoft ummm...

Ru$kb0y.

Hey Ru$kboy. Welcome to AO. I did a quick search on Google and found an MS article on Securing IIS . It's on Microsoft's Knowledge Base. Also, I believe there are some resources here on AO that may answer this as well. You can try a search from the home page. You'd be surprised what kind of information you'd find. AO is a great place to harvest resources, but you have to be able to research it. Good luck with your webserver.

t2k2
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Ru$k,

If you'd like, I can post the doc that I hand out to our NetAdmins on how to lock down an IIS install. Just let me know and I will pop it up here on this thread.

Regards.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Thehorse: I would like to see that document.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

t2k2 thanks for the link gotta lot of useful info off it...

+ Thehorse, the doc will be good2... thanks d00d.

Ru$kb0y.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-FD755D23CDEC

This is a little tool i found by using *Google* it will disable some features, to prevent security breaches.

Ru$kb0y...

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    OK gang, here is a link to the guide that I wrote. Do I have to mention that I take no responsibility if something gets hosed?! :-)

http://www.citlink.net/~sdiscini/
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

No problem at all. I'm glad I could help.

t2k2

Edit: Yep, the lockdown tool is great. URLScan is included in that, and it blocks and logs things like unicode attacks and what not...
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile