gettin' on my nerves
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gettin' on my nerves

Banned

gettin' on my nerves

lately, one out of 5 questions on AO is 'bout somthin' bein' better or best. (which distro is the best? which prog. lang. is the best? which war-dialer is the best? etc.)

well...

you will NEVER know until you try it!!!

it reminds me of 6 year old arguing who would win; batman or spiderman???

do you wanna know what linux is like.... INSTALL IT!!!
    do you wanna know what python is like.... GO TO THE ZOO AND PLAY W/ IT

there's so much doc's on the net comparing everything and anything and you still ask a quesion WHAT'S BEST??

so here're the answers:

1. best OS - MS DOS 3.6
    2. best prog lang - QBASIC (you can write some neat xploits w/dat)
    3. best wardialer - your left hand
    4. best port scanner - finger & ping
    5. best hacking site - H4x0r
    Share on Google+

I am new here and I think you are out of line for what you are saying. We do have freedom of speech and I do believe you can post whatever you want. People ask which is better so they don't have such a hard time or can get a real world example of what people like or are using. Would you want a distro of Linux that takes a long time to install if you are say a sys admin and have hundreds of pc's to configure? I'll stop with my rant sorry.

Exitrial
    Share on Google+

Definately Spiderman would win.
    Share on Google+

Banned
    freedom of speech ... what a drama queen!!!

yeah you do have it even if you are just taking up space

but if you must be more specific... (ei. what OS is most security oriented, what linux is newbie friendly, what prog.lang is fastest, what portscanner runs on linux)
    Share on Google+

OK expert, BEST is a relative term. Best in what circumstance, adequate may be best you have. Have some patience. You are an expert you must learn patience for those who are trying to improve their expertise.
    Share on Google+

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Sorry folks, but i disagree with this entire thread. If you dont like what others are posting, then dont read it. There are many different subjects everyday. Some are interesting, some not. Just dont whine about other peoples thread. (i know, i know, im whining about this one)

Cheers everyone
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"
    Share on Google+

The premise of this topic is valid, but the speaker is not...

"'bout somthin' bein' better or best."...no need to sound 'relaxed' or 'cool' here, so don't replace letters with '.

"(you can write some neat xploits w/dat)"...that's the first time that I've seen the expression 'w/dat'...good job, you've just corrupted the English language further. ('xploits' I can understand, if not condone to usage).

"1. best OS - MS DOS 3.6
    2. best prog lang - QBASIC (you can write some neat xploits w/dat)
    3. best wardialer - your left hand
    4. best port scanner - finger & ping
    5. best hacking site - H4x0r"

The idea that you complain about the lists and such and then give one of your own grants a great deal of irrelevance to whatever you say and also puts you into the group of people that you are trying to deride.

"so here're the answers:"...typos are no big deal

As I said, the premise of it is valid, but a better spokesperson could be found.
    Personally, I enjoy individual opinions, and never flame anyone for theirs. I'll more often try things based on a good popular opinon, even if I'm unsure of the success.

THINK..."you will NEVER know until you try it"

Ouroboros

P.S. DOS 6.0 is much more efficient
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Share on Google+

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    unhappyStar -
    "gettin' on my nerves"
    To whom does the title apply? - you, or the people that have to put up with reading this kind of thread?
    Any help would clearly be appreciated.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton
    Share on Google+

Banned
    i put an apostrophe 'steas of g 'cause it makes me type faster (purely practical reason) if you think it makes me sound cool you gotta stop listening to guns 'n roses.

every senior in here is soo anal about everything, every single little thing. and yes there's so much newbie bullshit all over the place...

yes it's gettin on MY nerves...

"what's better slack or RH, Debian or slack?" same thing over and over

i've been lurking here for years and it became 10% anal seniors and 50% kids in need of simplest questions (buy a f...in' book already) and the rest well ... that's what AO was intended to be originally ....

i don't hate seniors but some of them should ease up on their banal/anal rules

i thought it was 'bout content ... but now it's bout the the style and who is moral and good and who is a hacker and bad ... bla bla

and the newbies please go somwhere else untill you learn somthing you are all over the place ... go to alt.2600 you are asking the same idiotic questions for years on every security site and every theread ...

yes it's getting on my nervers

and grammar ... if you want grammar go webster site
    Share on Google+

Hey Hey...

I haven't been around long, but I've never seen a problem with any of the posts, well for the most part.. If someone wants to ask for others opinions. Let them.
    Look at the top of AO "Hackers know the weaknesses in your system. Shouldn't you?" Right there.. that tells you that a "What's the best/In your opinion" question is completely valid. Especially for the newbies. Everyone has a reason for their opinions, or for thinking something is the best, and usually they're valid reasons. So if I ask what your favourite OS is, sure everyone will answer with their opinion of the best OS, but they will also for the most part justify their reasoning, and that's the important part... their justifications, because you are learning something you might not have previously known. Share your knowledge, and sometimes the easiest way to get others to share is to poll them on something.

Anyways that's my two cents.
    Share on Google+