Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biometrics - US up for it???

I agree totally!!! I'm really reticent to give out any personally identifying info, whether physical or otherwise. In England you are captured on camera every seven seconds (or so I read) and I'm not convinced the right controls are in place on biometrics or any of the other surveillance systems that make their usage fair and controlled.

I have an idea though to make it harder for anyone who did want to steal my identity - redundant data. My passport has my old name on, my driving licence an old photo. I let credit cards lapse, play swopsies with supermarket loyalty cards and let false (benign) data roam freely (I'm a 92 year old who likes puppies according to my bank!*) Although of course this makes it really hard to prove you are who you say you are.

* (Actually 29 and like kittens more)
    668 - the neighbor of the beast

my bank makes you put a finger print on a check you want to cash if you do not have an account.

The one thing that scares me is that if say i have my fingerprint to get my cash from the bank, atm, to get medical records, to gamble, to crap in a public toilet. Say mr craker steals my fingerprint data. he now owns me and i am screwed cause that cannot be changed. I am not going to go out and buy new fingers. this scares me because no matter how hard you think a system is someone can get in. and all these places having my data one of them is bound to be busted into.
    God save the President and his fascist regime!