Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windows network

windows network

hi,
    i am running windows 2000 professional. i have stored some of my
    documents in a lan sysstem as backup when thaat folder is shared for all(
    i think it is win 98 ) . now, when entering into that system through
    network neighbor hood it is displaying empty. no drives r displaying. plz
    help me to solve this proble. thanx in advance.

Banned
    no drives? can you explain. why should you be seing drives within network neighborhood?
    the comps need to be configured. do you have details on what you have done so far?

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    I agree with drew, please provide some more details. What i understand so far (im not sure, cause there is no detail in your question), is that when you want to connect to the other computer, you have not defined which folder you want to share. Also in the win2000 settings, there is an option about remote access to "drives". What do you mean with drives?? The cdrom, the floppy, etc...???

Just to test if your computer is setup correctly, create a folder somewhere, and right click on it. Then click on "sharing". Then try to connect to it from another computer. If im totally wrong with all this, then please re-define your question and give us more detail.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

windows network

hi

thanq for giving reply. last time the drives r displayed. i did not have access to the win98 system. is there any loophole for getting the information.

they system is displyed in network neighborhood. when clicking on it we r entering in and the page is empty. drives(C:, D r not displaying. i think they have removed the drives from sharing. can i access that drives. is there any loophole.

thanx in advance.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Uhmmm, you can only access the drives if they are being shared. Anything else would be "illegal", and i cant/will not help you in that situation. Sorry if i maybe have misunderstood you about this point. If you are wanting to access it legaly, then share the drives. Otherwise i dont know. Further more, who are "they" when you say that "they have removed the drives"?
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Banned
    you have not included any detail in your post. we cannot read your mind. is this your network? if so then it is very easy to configure. to "see" a drive it must be shared. it seems the network works fine. what information did you need from us?

hidden shares?
    try \\computer\c$
    \\computer\d$
    Not sure what you're looking for...

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    How about just using the search feature to find the box.
    START>SEARCH>FILES AND FOLDERS Select Computers and People then Computers on a Network, then search for the NETBIOS name of the computer.

You may want to check and see if you are in the same workgroup. Just right click on My Computer then hit properties. You'll be able to see which workgroup you are in at that point. Be sure it matches the settings on the W98 box.

Hope this helps.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

what kid of network are you on?

are you logging in?
    check your login scripts.
    are you just a client?
    your admin probably locked that down (if their any good)
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

hi all,

i m getting to that system throgh nw neighborhood, but, i think they have not shared, is there any way of getting when not shared? or if they put a password how we can hack that password? plz help me, i have some private data on that system

thanx in advance