What's with all those polls ?

View Poll Results: How many Aoer's find awk useful?

10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I find it useful

5 50.00%
  • Never used awk

5 50.00%

Thread: What's with all those polls ?

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak

Wink What's with all those polls ?

What's with all those polls around here ? Shouldn't they make a new forum around here for this kinda threads ?
    Well ... mmm... let me know your true feelings about this.

Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    I think that polls are interesting as it provides information on what most users use/agree on.

Ofcourse there are some totaly dumb/useless polls going on, but then again others are very interesting just to get a general idea on what is popular or good.

I dont think its necessary to create a forum only for polls. Some polls are what makes a thread interesting. Look at it sometimes as advertisement. I myself have thought about the idea of making a poll in my posts, but have not found the occasion yet to use it.

All this is just a thought from by behalf, others may disagree with that.

I would also like to add that it should be upto the users to decide about what happens to the polls, not JP or the admins.(Please, no offense intented @ JP or the admins. I think JP has done a terrific job so far with all of this here.) Just remember, its the users that make AO what it is today.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Yeah i suppose they could make a new forum for these types of threads would make things alot more eaiser and quicker nice post Shrekkie good statements

and yet another poll

A poll to complain about polls, shrekkie? LOL...
    Well, in some cases, if someone needs to use a certain tool/learn something, he/she may benefit from the experience of those who have already used/learnt that thing.
    Most of others are only opinion collectors... The poll finishes, and the conclusion is: some people like A and other B :P .
    Donīt ask me why they are appearing everywhere.. must be a virus. Or they breed by dividing themselves..