Thread: Bug in Kazaa MP3,,, I guess

Unhappy Bug in Kazaa MP3,,, I guess

Hi guys I just downloaded Kazaa MP3 and tried to run but I can't run it and everytime I check my e-mail it is keep giving me some blank e-mails (no subject, no details) just the date and mail icon. I have zone alarm, pest patrol, norton and I run to see if I got an virus,,, I got four spywares in my computer through Kazaa. I deleted it including Kazaa itself because I thought that might be the reason that I am not getting any new e-mail but the same old blank e-mail keep on coming even I delete it all the time.
    So now I am not running Kazaa and all those four spywares are not in my computer why this bug is still bothering me and one more thing after getting this bug in my email my earthlink software keep on disconnecting from internet which never happened in two years like AOL.
    Please , please help me to get rid of this problem. Can't check my e-mail. I would really appriciate some helpfull tips here.

Okay... I'll try my best to understand what you asked.

You downloaded KaZaA MP3. I didn't know KaZaA was an MP3. Is that a new song? Or did you get KaZaA to download MP3's? I am guessing it's the latter

As for the software sending you blank e-mails, did you look at the header to see where it came from? Also, how do you know KaZaA is sending these messages?

I got four spywares in my computer through Kazaa.
    Yup. KaZaA is loaded with spyware. Try KaZaA Lite. www.google.com

my earthlink software keep on disconnecting from internet which never happened in two years like AOL.
    I am still trying to figure this one out. My best guess is you are trying to say earthlink disconnects you more than AOL? Did you install the pop-up killer from Earthlink? I have never used it myself. If it keeps disconnecting you, check your dial up settings.

albn

Thankyou alittlebitnumb for your help.

Thankyou alittlebitnumb for your help.
    Huh? I didn't help at all. I actually needed reiteration...

1. Did you check the mail header(s) to see where they came from?

2. Did you install the Earthlink software, and what did you mean about AOL exactly?

3. Did you check your dial up settings?

albn

It is just my guess that kazaa is sending me this or it is linked some how with kazaa because it is all started after I downloaded kazaa lite. Everytime I try to open my email my email account keep on sending me the same messages from kazaa lite which I deleted so many time and not to mention there is nothing in those messages, they are all blank. So here what I did I ran pestpatrol one more time and it found a bug. So I deleted it. And yes your guess is right that earthlink is disconnects me more often than AOL but after I deleted that bug it didn't happen yet. I hope the problem is fixed. Thankyou again alittlenumb.

Most of the p2p(peep to peer) apps are spyware loaded. Winmx used to be ok but I haven't used it in a long time...I hear that it is quite congested now...but if you are only d/l mp3's, u may want to try that. Though I can't vouch for it's lack of spyware anymore. I also wouldn't recommend Norton a/v if you are going to be d/l'ing quite a bit. I had 2003 version and checked for updated several times a day yet it missed 7 virii in 1 week. That's my experience. Just a 'heads up'.

Thanks zzzdawg I am agreed with you. I don't think that NAV is the best to use I like the zone alarm and pestpatrol.

er0k
    blah just migrate to a unix system and get gtk-gnutella. no bugs, and it doesnt currently have a law-suit riding on its back.

When Kazaa is downloaded it includes spyware which can be deleted easily. However if the "cydoor Internet Library, cd_clint.dll" file is deleted, then Kazaa won't function properly.
    This was also found in IMesh. Hope this helps.