New Feature Idea!!!

Thread: New Feature Idea!!!

Banned

New Feature Idea!!!

Below are links to -DaRK-RaiDeR- his recent avatar wallpaper/quilt

I call it... 'My AO masterpiece'...
    General version of 'My AO masterpiece'...

while reading these threads i thought we could make a "top 10 avatar" feature...

is there any way we can have a new feature called "the top 10 avatars" where all the avatars are rated [much like a poll] and then a page caontaining the avatars in order of most popular is produced?
    just wanted to know what others thought about this and how we would go about getting it done if we had a positive response.

thanxs,
    drew.

hmm, its a good idea, just one fault, shouldnt this be in site suggetions forum. sorry if i am being picky, but its the only problem i could pick out :P

it might work
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

drew,

Love the idea!!! Let's wait for some more opinions then.

Bye,

DKRR

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hehehehehe, the idea is funny, and heck....why not. But this should not be a priority though. There is one or the other issue that deserves more attention when it come to new features, or addons for AO. But i still like the idea cause its something that can turn out to be real fun. It could also motivate users to get some really good avatars up. Im still working on a new one myself actually. Oh well, lets hear what the rest of you have to say to this
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

yea. drew, maybe you should post a poll and see how people vote up. its easier that reading posts if you only want statistics
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Sounds cool, but I'm the kind of person who wants to know how stuff works. How would you rate an avatar? Perhaps it should give a link to a "rate this avatar" function, so that when you click their avatar, and it is a custom avatar, you can rate it. Then, it could reset your rating when you upload a new one...

Well, I'm just trying to bring up some of the stuff that needs to be thought out before it can be implemented well. But, I think that this would be a neat idea. BTW, how would you find out how "good" their avatar is? Would there be some rating under their avatar? And would there be something like a users "best avatar" section where your best avatar score is kept for future reference? Well, now I'm getting carried away, lol. But, it could probably cut down on Avatar Competition Threads (I don't remember seeing many, though - not a big problem), and make this sort of thing more of a background process...

-Tim_axe

Banned
    can i make this a poll or do i have to start a new thread?

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Let's start with mine on Nr. 1.

Good idea , isn't , hehe... The little big green ogre. He just loves everybody on AO, but don't crank him up, because he will crush you in the Banned List....

LOL... Shrekkie just loves to laugh...

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Uhm, this must be at least the tenth time when someone gets this "New Feature Idea!!!"...

I hope you have noticed the View Member Avatars -link at the main page. It's there in the left column. Best way to vote would be to have all the avatars anonymous and then click "I approve" or "I disapprove" at the best and the worst ones. But as there are over 400 custom avatars, it wouldn't make sense to have all of them available for vote. Dunno about it then, it's not going to happen anyway.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Banned
    why can't we have them all avail to vote. we could rate each out of say "1-5" and then tally up the votes. doesn't seem that hard considering the page is already there.