Drug user Kills himself on IRC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drug user Kills himself on IRC

Unhappy Drug user Kills himself on IRC

Whist checking out my usual news websites I came across something that shocked me
    Here is the link
    http://www.winbeta.org/modules.php?n...rticle&sid=752

A user of prescription drugs decided to prove to other online that he was hardcore, and live in irc and on a webcam, Users egged him on to take more and more and he slowly took more and more drugs until it was too late and he died through massive drug overdose.
    This as shocked me quite a bit as to the fact that he seemed to have access to so much drugs and at the same time the people online who egged him on who egged him on.

Here is the transript in full
    http://seann.myftp.org:240/other/ripperlog.txt or
    http://www.ripperlogs.tk/
    And here is what happened after the first log
    http://seann.myftp.org:240/other/post-ripperlog.txt

May he rest in peace, Although he did bring it on himself, not to have the brain power to relise that he was OD'ing. Its a testimony to the way we live today that someone as to kill themselves in order to gain acceptance. It's stupid...

That's pretty sick. I couldn't get the transcript link to work by the way. People just don't think these days. It's a tragedy.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

I just updated the links in the first post, they should work now

I skimmed over part of the irc chat log and that stuff is disgusting. It's people like that that destroy part of this world. The fact that one of them told everyone not to call 911 and said "oh well/don't care" is pathetic. I'm sorry that that kid who was calling 911 had to break under the preasure not to call.
    To be God is to be Root, if someone is erking you just type: rm -d /home/heathen

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    If this really occurred and it was done because the "victim" wanted to prove that he was "hardcore" then I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. Of all the dumb reasons on this earth to top one's self, proving that you can take a lot of drugs so that people "respect" you is probably the dumbest. The one possible bright side to his life may be that he will get at least an honorable mention in the Darwin Awards.

As to the other morons in the conversation - they were in a "shroomery" room..... You expected decent, sensible, upstanding individuals to be frequenting this room????? Come on.... They are as stupid and almost as f'ed up as the kid who topped himself was.

Appreciate it for what it purported to be - someone "self-bleached" the gene pool - and if it is true - it was a successful attempt on their part - clearly he wasn't a _complete_ F-up!

Cold of Heart - yes - there are many more poeple in this world that deserve sympathy and respect than drug addicts - they do it to themselves.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Hmm Good point Tiger Shark, I agree with you saying that most of the people in the room where probally as stupid as he was, but I still can not believe that they would all egg him on to do that.
    I also agree that yer its up to the drug addicts what they do, They do it to themselves, Its the same with smokers, they know it will harm them, but they still do it.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Cheese: Er.... I'm one of those filthy smokers......

But I'm in the process of trying to give it up - 30 years is a long time to have been smoking tho....<s> I wouldn't class smokers in the same place as druggies, (though some may say I'm only justifying my own nasty habit and they may be right), because smoking a cigarette doesn't completely screw up my head like some drugs do. I have tried drugs - three times - yes, I inhaled - once I had some fun, (I was told it was "giggleweed", a weak homegrown variety), and twice I tried the pro stuff, (weed), (the ex-wife used to do it from time to time). On the last two times I tried it I threw up big time...... Totally different to beer or nicotine which are my drugs of choice, they are legal and have not made me throw up since high school...<LOL>
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Yer I agree when I say not to class smoking in the same area as other drugs, although its bad and I personally see no point in ever starting(if you don't start whats there to get addicted to?) Its no where near as bad as other drugs, Plus just by having a cig you don't go mad or "High" in the same way drugs make you feel. Which Is why I don't mind them being legal.

Some people stray to far from the path, and are lured and pushed by their peers.....this is what happens...it's REALLY sad......

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    Cheese: Er.... I'm one of those filthy smokers......

But I'm in the process of trying to give it up - 30 years is a long time to have been smoking tho....
    Keep at it, T.S., you can do it. The smuts were tough for me to quit, i probably ate a ton of Jolly Rancher Red-Hots, yelled and cursed at myself for being weak for giving in to the weed, wasting my $ on cigs... you know the drill i'm sure. Finally got so i didn't have to cuss so much, and took fewer Red-Hots per day, then finally when i took my first real deep breath in several years it felt so good the fight was worth it. The thing that really helped was the cigs went to 50-cents/pack and it p1$$3d me off to think they were increasing their take 'cause they knew i was hooked. Jeez, they are around three-bucks a pack now, sure glad i dumped the habit when i did.
    Hang in there, the air smells better, the food tastes better, you can run faster, longer, and feel better when you dump the smuts. Besides, the opposition can't smell your burning tobacco drifting on the breeze when you're in the outback. Good Luck.