Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Username Error

I have a sneaking suspicion on who it might be, but only JP can know that for sure.

albn

Well it would seem about every two or three months one of the old Banned dickheads has to show up and start throwing **** around.
    DjM

Lol.....oh well, I have to admit, it's a rather clever way of disrupting AO, either it was done by fluke or some one sat down and figured this out, either way..it'a buggin' me....

Theres always some fool thinking it's cool to slag some one else off like that, well...it's not...all you do is cause grief for no reason...well.....you cause grief in the fact that I have to Neg you...which is soooo much effort oh well...I have work to do...l8r

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Hey guys,

At least I know its not just me... Cool now I don't have to report this bug, I hate reporting bugs, I would rather squash em!
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Guys,

I know most of you know it but for the ones that don't (and while JP resolves this problem) just paste this link - http://www.antionline.com/index.php - in your favorites or use it as your browser home page.

Just a question, if this user gets banned the problem will continue because the account will still be active, am i right???

Bye,

DKRR

Just a question, If this user gets banned the problem will continue because the account will still be active, am i right???
    I am pretty sure JP can delete the user and patch the forum scripts where usernames like that are not allowed anymore.

For some reason I remember hearing, either in the forums or in AO IRC, someone proposing the idea that if you registered www as a username then you would get www.antionline.org as a members page... Obviously this is not what happens, because interestingly enough http://www.antionline.org redirects you to the correct AO home page... (not to mention that the username in question is clearly antionline.com).

Perhaps someone tried to register www and failed and tried antionline.com instead... If you want a weird URL try http://antionline.com.antionline.org same as www.antionline.com right now...

Pretty soon that user profile is going to be the most looked at one in AO... its been viewed 425 times already...

Well, it is an interesting problem anyway. Eventhough it is vexing, it definately shows that even if you try your hardest, someone will either intentionally or accidentally figure out a way to annoy the hell out of you...

Well, as interesting as this is..., I have other things I should be attending.

Ciao,
    Dhej

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    Well, I think this is a typical attempt of getting attention on the mundane level. I don't think a nick like that is accidental (IMO). Anyways, should this be an actual attack of sorts - an old article sums up why these kind of attacks are expected and humorous.

John Vranesevich doesn't worry about being enemy No. 1 of the hacker community. He embraces it.
    "It's my job to catch them, so it's like a cocaine dealer and a cop,"
    "It's not surprising that they wouldn't like me or what I'm doing,"
    IF you want, you can read the fairly old article here
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

I believe it's just a domain fluke and not an attack. The reason i think so is because this site is so complicated i don't see how JP even got it all put together in the first place, and there is bound to be a glitch now and then. If it were really someone messing around i think they'd be posting or something, taking credit for sneaking in the side door, something like that anyway. I have a couple of fairly complicated websites, but Antionline is amazing to me how many features JP and his crew have created, how they all connect like spiderwebs, and how they all work so well (well, most of the time anyway).
    Anyway, if it is an attack of some kind, i imagine JP's blood pressure clicked up a couple of notches, he got a big grin on his face and went in to examine the event.
    Maybe he will let us know whether it was a glitch or an event, when it's all fixed.

Just recieved a neg, with this:

Roll Calls Galore
    Today 06:44 PM The board is exploitable... I made the Antionline.com account and I flooded the board. Go run and spread the news my little peon!!!
    I am no peon. It is YOU ("exploiter") who is the peon! Pissant!

Edit: Of course, that doesn't mean its an attack. Could quite easily be someone trying to claim credit for a bug. Wouldn't be the first, or the last, time that happens.