March 12th, 2003, 06:49 AM
War with Iraq
Do you know enough to justify going to war with Iraq?
1. Q: What percentage of the world's population does the U.S. have?
2. Q: What percentage of the world's wealth does the U.S. have?
3. Q: Which country has the largest oil reserves?
A: Saudi Arabia
4. Q: Which country has the second largest oil reserves?
5. Q: How much is spent on military budgets a year worldwide?
A: $900 billion
6. Q: How much of this is spent by the U.S.?
7. Q: What percent of US military spending would ensure the essentials of life to everyone in the world, according the UN?
A: 10% (that's about$40 billion, the amount of funding initially requested to fund our retaliatory attack on Afghanistan).
8. Q: How many people have died in wars since World War II?
A: 86 million
9. Q: How long has Iraq had chemical and biological weapons?
A: Since the early 1980's.
10. Q: Did Iraq develop these chemical & biological weapons on their own?
A: No, the materials and technology were supplied by the US government, along with Britain and private corporations.
11. Q: Did the US government condemn the Iraqi use of gas warfare against Iran?
12. Q: How many people did Saddam Hussein kill using gas in the Kurdish town of Halabja in 1988?
13. Q: How many western countries condemned this action at the time?
14. Q: How many gallons of agent Orange did America use in Vietnam?
15. Q: Are there any proven links between Iraq and September 11th terrorist attack?
A: Still to find out
16. Q: What is the estimated number of civilian casualties in the Gulf War?
17. Q: How many casualties did the Iraqi military inflict on the western forces during the Gulf War ?
18. Q: How many retreating Iraqi soldiers were buried alive by U.S. tanks with ploughs mounted on the front?
19. Q: How many tons of depleted uranium were left in Iraq and Kuwait after the Gulf War?
A: 40 tons
20. Q: What according to the UN was the increase in cancer rates in Iraq between 1991 and 1994?
21. Q: How much of Iraq's military capacity did America claim it had destroyed in 1991?
22. Q: Is there any proof that Iraq plans to use its weapons for anything other than deterrence and self defence?
23. Q: Does Iraq present more of a threat to world peace now than 10 years ago?
24. Q: How many civilian deaths has the Pentagon predicted in the event of an attack on Iraq in 2002/3?
25. Q: What percentage of these will be children?
A: Over 50%
26. Q: How many years has the U.S. engaged in air strikes on Iraq?
A: 11 years
27. Q: Were the U.S and the UK at war with Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999?
28. Q: How many pounds of explosives were dropped on Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999?
A: 20 million
29. Q: How many years ago was UN Resolution 661 introduced, imposing strict sanctions on Iraq's imports and exports?
A: 12 years
30. Q: What was the child death rate in Iraq in 1989 (per 1,000 births)?
31. Q: What was the estimated child death rate in Iraq in 1999 (per 1,000 births)?
A: 131 (that's an increase of 345%)
32. Q: How many Iraqis are estimated to have died by October 1999 as a result of UN sanctions?
A: 1.5 million
33. Q: How many Iraqi children are estimated to have died due to sanctions since 1997?
34. Q: Did Saddam order the inspectors out of Iraq?
35. Q: How many inspections were there in November and December 1998?
36. Q: How many of these inspections had problems?
37. Q: Were the weapons inspectors allowed entry to the Baath Party HQ?
38. Q: Who said that by December 1998, "Iraq had in fact, been disarmed to a level unprecedented in modern history."
A: Scott Ritter, UNSCOM chief.
39. Q: In 1998 how much of Iraq's post 1991 capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction did the UN weapons inspectors claim to have discovered and dismantled?
40. Q: Is Iraq willing to allow the weapons inspectors back in ?
41. Q: How many UN resolutions did Israel violate by 1992?
A: Over 65
42. Q: How many UN resolutions on Israel did America veto between 1972 and 1990?
43. Q: How many countries are known to have nuclear weapons?
44. Q: How many nuclear warheads has Iraq got?
45. Q: How many nuclear warheads has US got?
A: Over 10,000
46. Q: Which is the only country to use nuclear weapons?
A: The US
47. Q: How many nuclear warheads does Israel have?
A: Over 400
48. Q: Who said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"?
A: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
This is not to hurt any ones feelings, but i feel only american general public can avoid another war, which in some way or other affect all of us. So please share your opinions. If you have any corrections to anyone point listed here, let us make it a debate.
March 12th, 2003, 07:11 AM
17. Q: How many casualties did the Iraqi military inflict on the western forces during the Gulf War ? A: 0
correct answer is: at least because 147 US soliders were killed in action, i do know the other numbers for the other countries that were invovled.
March 12th, 2003, 07:36 AM
we have no right to goto war, its all for moeny and personal reasons, the bush family wants to controll the middle east, thats all there is to it
March 12th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Actually , that is a mistake by me. I apologise..
Anyway , what i want to convey is that only the people of america can prevent bush from going to a war
March 12th, 2003, 08:00 AM
March 12th, 2003, 10:29 AM
i just want to say first of all i am not anti-american but i cant stand the hipocresy of their goverments just like i cant stan my goverment (spanish especially Aznar)
when a goverment shows false proofs on irak, and it doesn't regconice the international court
then i dont think i will aprove what he is planning on doing
like if someone gets himself with bombs and makes them explode in the middle of the street is called terrorism but if Ariel Sharon orders to bomb a place or a town is selective murder
if a man crashes a plane in a building killing innocent people is called terrorism but if bush orders to bomb a country killing thousands of people is colateral damage
i know most americans are against this war just like the majority of spanish ppl why then are goverments dont do what we ask them to is this Democracy. i dont see any diference in my gov nor in the EEUU neither in Irak or North Corea
if my president helps mister bush with out the permission of the ONU then he is guilty of killing and should be treated has a criminal just like Sadamm, Ariel Sharon, Osama, Bush, Tony Blair, MIlosevic and even Hitler ( i could keep on goig but i think you guys get my point)
March 12th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Sun, I think this is the best post on iraq war. What to say ? Nothing, everybody makes his own opinion. The 2 camps, war and peace, have all good reason (if the reasons that they say are the right reasons )
March 12th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Firstly, the most assistance given to Iraq in it's quest for WMD, (a term that I hate because the chemical and biological weapons destroy nothing - they only kill), was by France, Germany and Russia hence their threatened veto's - they really don't want the world to know the level of their assistance. That is not to say that at some time or another the US and Britain did not help out, , but they have at least come clean about it.
Secondly, the UN imposed the sanctions - so you are all to blame for the deaths in Iraq - Quit pointing the blame for that solely at the USA..... YOU ALL DID IT.....
Thirdly, for those who don't believe that the US should be policing the world then they should probably also stop giving the world billions of dollars in aid every year much of which is diverted to things other than which it was intended. But those of you who dislike the US probably won't want them to do that do you? You like the money don't you!!!!!
Fourthly, five inspections that have a problem are five inspections too many. It clearly points to the fact that Saddam is disingenuous in his statements that a) Iraq doesn't have weapons that contravene UN 1441 and b) that Iraq is complying fully with UN 1441. The UN.... That's _all_ of you, remember..... ratified UN 1441 in November 2002 and within that resolution _you_ gave Saddam 30 days to comply and authorized the use of force in the case of non-compliance. It really sucks that you don't have the courage of your then convictions when Saddam now refuses to comply..... Please, in the future, don't make resolutions that you don't have the backbone to support fully - or were you worried then that the US would cut off the aid they give to you all if you didn't ratify that resolution meanwhile secretly hoping that Saddam would cave under "world" pressure?...... See..... Even you can't trust him to be logical and rational.
The US and Britain, Bulgaria and Spain are not evil....period. They simply have the backbone that clearly the rest of you don't. The beauty of these countries, my friends, is that we have our own protesters - they freely and without fear of reprisal criticize, abuse and denigrate their leadership..... There are too many of you who do not have that freedom, you want it, but you can't have it...... Because your governments are evil, (any Iraqis, Lybians, Iranians, Chinese, Koreans etc. out there reading this?... Tell me I am wrong where you are concerned......)
Sun, you did not hurt my feelings...<s> But your post was typical of the US bashing that is going on right now. If you people don't like the US that's just fine...... You are free to criticize and denigrate them..... But remember your abuse should you ever need their assistance..... It may not come to you!
What is really unfortunate though is that if you did cry out for help the chances are that the USA would come to your assistance, regardless of how you treated them in the past. WHY???? Because that's the kind of people they are. They see, understand and care about freedom, and they also try to help wherever they see that basic right being denied. They do not just sit back on their free butts and watch like so many in Europe..... They will come to your aid if your plight is egregious!!!!!
There..... Rant over..... You may continue with your normal lives..... Thank you for your patience and indulgence..... I need to rest now.....
Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
\"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides
March 12th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Sun, or any one who can answer.
I recieve emails with this sort of information regulary. Because it is without credable reference most of this is thrown in to the WPB.. I am very sceptical of a great deal of the information coming out from all sides.. As was said and will always be said.. the first Casuality of war is the truth...
Australian TV showed a report recently, telling us how Sanctions have prevented the Iraqie ppl from getting spare parts for their cars let alone new cars.. As the Reporter was signing off a 3 year old Ford Sedan drove past..hmmm
"Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr
March 12th, 2003, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure that is true. France makes commercial exchange with Iraq (like UK and US) that's ok. As I know with the commercial exchange is that there is a tax (10%) and we don't know where the money go (not for feed the ppl that's sure). I think if France and others help Iraq for WMD it's a long long time ago. For remember it's the US that give power to Ben Ladden and Taliban but at a moment they turn over.
Firstly, the most assistance given to Iraq in it's quest for WMD, (a term that I hate because the chemical and biological weapons destroy nothing - they only kill), was by France, Germany and Russia hence their threatened veto's - they really don't want the world to know the level of their assistance.
I agree, they are not evil, France is not agree with what Bush want to do that all.
The US and Britain, Bulgaria and Spain are not evil