Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: USA - Iraq (part 7387c)

The war needs to stop.We are in they year 2003 and our government is acting like its back in the 50's, years and years of trust building and diplomacy have gone down the tubes.
    With the close of the cold war we were just getting to the point where we could start to focus on problems within our borders and now we are back where we started. I can just imagine what the heads of the countries of the world are wondering. I know I would be thinking( if i were in thier shoes) whos next?........if the Americans dont like what we are doing they are gonna be at our borders next? I feel we have betrayed the trust of alot of people in the world with this fixation on war by our president ( just think...anyone in the private sector with that kind of morbid fixation would be recomended for psyciatric treatment). War isnt the answer here, I feel it will only cause more hatred towards us and light an ever burning fire under the disidents butts that will never be put out, we will have to watch over our sholders forever.Some of these people believe they are doing GODS work and are willing to die for thier cause, and they will pass down the hatred from generation to generation, what are we gonna do, annillate a whole race ?......Seems to me Hitler tried that......and we stopped him years ago.
    Now dont get me wrong......im a firm believer in our country and the need for our security but the problems need fixing HERE.....not in some foreign country........we need to take care of our own people first before we take on the whole worlds problems........there are enough problems here that could take years and years to fix and i think our government should let the worlds problems take a back seat to our problems right here in America for a while. OUR country could use an overhaul to heal and strengthen our people and economy, and if you notice.....i dont see any other countrys offering a hand to take care of our problems.

hi,

I'm from India and though it seems inevitable now, I'm against this war.....
    The war is being waged for a host of other reasons than just terrorism - I guess u all must be knowing all that.
    There was a post asking why was US not worried about India going nuclear and testing nukes...I just wanted to make a clarification in this regard...Even if Iraq possesses weapons of mass destruction, US definitely has lot more of the same than Iraq can ever dream of. But then, Iraq is under dictatorship whereas US is a democracy...Hence we hope that US will never misuse it's weapons....Similarly, India is also a democratic nation and can be trusted with it weapons. Hence it's not sensible to compare Iraq with India..
    One more thing I would like to bring to ur notice is..What about N.Korea??
    People seem to have forgotten the ongoing crisis there,..IN fact, I personally feel that US should do something about N.korea...esp, after having declared it as part of the axis of evil.

Lastly, I feel that US should shed it's big brother notion and empower the UN...After all thats why we have the UN, to solve such problems as the present US-Iraq imbroglio...

Thats all, I was just expressing my views, and I do expect many to disagree, and at least some to agree.

NuLtRaX

Now listen people, I might represent the arab people, I'd be grateful if u don't put any negative points on me just because you hate arabs and here is what I want to say:

Why do US want war?Why does it want to fight Iraq? u say terrorism? The only people you |CLAMED| they are terrorists are probably dead now in afghanistan. U say necular weapons?
    I heard somebody saying that Sadam threatens to nuclearly bomb the US. Sadam denies having any neclear weapens, those UN people are ripping down Iraq looking for any nuclear materials, they didn't find any and they won't.

I'll tell you what is it about, its about |PETROL|, US wants the Iraqi oil, if not then why??why do the US want war? why don't you americans stop bothering us??, why don't you just leave us alone?? we want to live and we want nothing from you, oh god...

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    @ Xenia,

If you've read well (which you obviously didn't ) the posts here you would have noticed most people here are against the war , so stop attacking and generalizing what one person might have said. If you have a problem with a posting, adress it to the person you want to react at.
    As you've read , I'm also against the war, and I'm a proud european.

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

I am not against anybody and I've read the posts and realized that many are against the idea of war, I am against the US gov, and I am just discussing with everybody

thanx

fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity. it just doesnt seem right.

Unfortunately, unless by some miracle to stop it, I feel war in Iraq is now inevitable - my thoughts and prayers go out to the men and women chosen to undertake this task along with the innocent people in Iraq, whom I truly believe have no real idea of what is going on - and unless Saddam is toppled, probably never will.
    I quote this paragraph by Phat_Penguin as I cannot word in any different.

Now listen people, I might represent the arab people, I'd be grateful if u don't put any negative points on me just because you hate arabs and here is what I want to say:

Why do US want war?Why does it want to fight Iraq? u say terrorism? The only people you |CLAMED| they are terrorists are probably dead now in afghanistan. U say necular weapons?
    I heard somebody saying that Sadam threatens to nuclearly bomb the US. Sadam denies having any neclear weapens, those UN people are ripping down Iraq looking for any nuclear materials, they didn't find any and they won't.

I'll tell you what is it about, its about |PETROL|, US wants the Iraqi oil, if not then why??why do the US want war? why don't you americans stop bothering us??, why don't you just leave us alone?? we want to live and we want nothing from you, oh god...

I am not against anybody and I've read the posts and realized that many are against the idea of war, I am against the US gov, and I am just discussing with everybody
    Xenia, Can I call you a friend?

I am truley surprised that you think Americans hate the Arabs. I for one have never even heard an American speak out against the Arabs or their country. I have Chat friends in both Arabia and Kuwait, and even Israel. I don't hate anyone that is true to themselves and who can look at facts and build their own conclusions. I for one would not want Saddam for a neighbor with his religious fanatical ideas/views (IMHO is to hide his real intentions) I would welcome his destruction if I were in your shoes....if he is left alone? You don't think that he won't eventually release some nasty toxin in your region? He has already done it to his own "loyal" followers. I really think you need to sit back, relax, and re-look at the facts as they are, make your own conclusion...do it alone, by yourself, and do not be clouded by other peoples opinions. As for myself I will call you a friend, for I have never met an intelligent human being that does not deserve friends, although Saddam is running real close to Hitler, only Hitler didn't hide behind lies and deciet, he was an animal not deserving of anything.

As for my view on war with Iraq, if this is what it would take to free the world of Saddams evil...I would go there myself and happily die to defend the world from this...

nuf said.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

I just have to ad my view. I believe everything happens for a reason (the big things at least). I also believe (from experience) that good things come out of tragedies. So if the war happens, then so be it. I don't want people saying things like my apathy is because I will not be affected, I would say the same things if an ICBM was headed for my back yard. Look war is bad because of it's barbarism and the suffering and loss of life, however the long term effects of war ( and I don't mean long Jihad style holy wars, they are just plain stupid) are more positive than negative from a "survival of the human race" perspective.

I'll end of with that, just a thought...
    Dain Bramaged

I know the Americans people has no role in this (although I had the idea that they hated us after 11th september), and I also know that they are against the war but as I said before its the |US gov| who does create all problems.

and about Saddam, we arabs has nothing against him or with him, I believe that he could not be of any harm to us, Hitler? I don't think Saddam is trying to rule the world!

and lets say he wants to harm |ANY| country.. Why not wait till his first move, How can we be so sure that he's trying to do anything..

The UN Inspection was a smart move, but war??? he didn't even do anything yet, the UN didn't find any nuclear weapons, I think this is quiet satisfactory now, even the small countries has a full nuclear weapons program, he can't be a harm to anybody.

BUT if it proves that he can do anything, I will sure support the idea of war..

Thanx

I've seen Powell and liked his presentation. Us in the USA are now more pointed toward the war, but who cares? We shouldn't go into a war unless it's the last resort. There must be a way to rid Sadaam...and I know how

First of all, from the videos and recordings from the Powell show, we should increase our technology for listening in on distant countries, our video technology and our ability to track our enemies. The maps I saw could have come from Texas, for all I know... I thought we had better technology.

So...I think war isn't the question, increasing our ability to spy is the question. You're telling me that someone has the ability to steal my cell number, credit card number and dupe my license and steal all my cash from my bank and we don't have better technology?
    (...yea, it actually happened to my wife...took about 35k)

hey, why don't we steal HIS credit card and buy a better telescopic camera? I bet he has a real good limit!
    -MCali