Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: USA - Iraq (part 7387c)

My two cents

Democracy is a wonderful thing, but it's not with out a price. No one wants to go to war and there's been alot of protest against the US and Iraq war. What these protesters and anti-war tree hugging hippies fail to realize is that if we don't go to war, our country is at danger. We shouldn't have to wait for another 9/11 to occur. The US and the UN has gave Iraq resolution, after resolution, after resolution.. The line has been crossed for the last time.
    “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

War with Iraq

I'm from Australia and can see the case for war on Iraq.

Mind you, nobody WANTS war, but some of us recognise that this man (Saddam) has caused the disfigurement and disabilities on his OWN people for a long time and must be stopped. I think that we have a duty, if not an obligation, to see this through.

Yes, I know, a lot of people will die in a war, innocent civillians at that, but when we (freedom fighters) have ridded Iraq of it's cancer, then the future will be better for Iraq.

Let me know what you think. I hear a lot of people saying "find other, more peaceful solutions!". To them I say, "Like what?"

Anyways, I would like to hear sugestions or comments from other members on this issue.

Well if there is a war this will not the same as in 1991. Saddam has no army (totaly annihilate in the past) but there is some fanatics and they will take the population as hostage (this is already done and some town have been mined). So the war will be in street with a lot of dead in both camp.

I think this problem (Saddam) is taken a bite late, what the US wants to do have to be done 10 years ago. The problem is not to stop Saddam, every body, even France, wants to push him away but how to do without (less than possible) death.

For the moment Saddam does all the UN ask (inspectors, visit of industry, ... ), even if he takes times to do the things. Now Saddam is ok to destroy his bombs so I think we are in a good direction. This takes times but if we can desarme a bomb like Saddam like this without blood, that's ok.

Kwiep
    Hello all,

Well, before Bush actually starts I'll just post one last reply. I asked (in the beginning) to put the flaming to the antipoint system and people did that, thanks for that wether it was postivie or negative. Thanks for all the replies and motivations, rules, laws, treaties, etc, etc. I'm still against the war. You will see that in the rest of my post or rant or whatever you call it. Getthing rid of Sadaam is ok, but the US of A does it the wrong way, with the wrong reasons. The whole world only suffers from this.

Little extra note on "suffering", you US want to exept the little "suffering", put obviously don't mind at all about other countries. I will take Egypt as an example. What does Egypt have to do with Sadaam ? In Egypt there are soldiers on about every corner on the street to protect the tourists from a terrorist attack. An attack wich would be stupid in the first place, because it scares of tourists wich is the second largest income to the people. The first income is the suez canal wich connects the red sea with the mideteranian sea. Most people live on the street. People live in unfinished buildings (to not pay tax) or even on the graveyards. They live from the 0.1 US dollar they get from the tourists, by selling statues or banana leaves (wich they sell as papyrus, they can't afford to sell real papyrus). In Cairo (the capital, one city) live about 17 million people, in the entire netherlands live about 16 million people.

Now with this threat from the US of A to attack there is a big drop of the number of tourists. The entire middle east and even countries close to the middle east (many east european countries) experience this loss. Many people are going to suffer and die just because of a lack of tourists. The US of A or it's leader at this moment (Bush) is the cause.

About the war coming or not. I always thought there would be a war eventually. I think Bush (and Blair to) has caught himself in so much speaches, promises and things, he must fight this war just to not loose his credibility. Wether he wants to, is allowed to or not. I actually thought that up long ago.

I won't believe Bush is ****ed up enough to fight this war because of oil. A fact is he owns alot of oil himself and if he places a pro american government in Iraq that surely wouldn't be negative to him. If it was up to me he'd fight this war in Texas. Big dessert, put some guy with a moustache in there, throw some a b c d e bombs. W00t, fun fun.

Bush is atm giving Sadaam 48 hours to get out of his palace so he can kill all thousenths of people who can't pay a bus or a taxi to get out of that place... The problem was Sadaam right ? And his friends... You should take those out, not the people who didn't do anything wrong, who can't even pay the ammount of bullets one US soldier can use in one minute.

I don't care about treaties etc, because the US of A can ignore them anytime they like. For example, the US (and england and spain) now start a war without permission of the UN. The UN is allowed to start a war against those countries now, with permission of the UN security council of course. The US of A can use it's veto, but hey, voting against the majority is unethical. The US of A used that veto over 200 times (makes you wonder why the UN get's so little done ?) France and Russia (on the second and third place, right after the US) used their veto about 10 times.

The US of A now made somekind of law, that allowes them to invade for example the netherlands... WTF !!! Our government are some weak bastards now.

The US of A did some nice things. Of most things I'll never know if they would've went bad if the US would not have interfered. I think atm though, the US got something really wrong their head. I almost look at it as a disease. Bush, Sadaam and Sharon, go live on the moon and take all yer brainflushed friends with you. I know people who would happily have shot Bush for all this crap. This list could go on and on, both with good and bad things (now only bad things, I got my reason for that), I won't do it becasue noone would read it anyways.

Blargh, wait till the US of A isn't the most powerfull nation anymore.

p.s.
    Don't go quote me on all little details like some off you are so very very good at. It's not a debate nor a discussion like you have to kick one of my words to make the whole text worthless. Intelligent people know what I mean, others don't. Live with it if yer ignorant (new word I just learned), I don't give a **** anymore.

p.p.s.
    Peace to all "nice" people of the US of A, England, Spain, bla. More peace to all other people. Call me a treehugging hippy, who invented hippies ? I will fight the US of A because who does have forbidden weapons ?
    Double Dutch

citizen for peace

Not all U.S. citizens support the invasion and demonstrations are occuring daily here as in the rest of the world. I can't stomach a fight for oil when I think of who the real casualities of this war will be-the woman and children and the working stiff who only wants to put food on the table for his family.
    Flame me all you want but our actions overseas will not provide peace and harmony for the global community, it will have the opposite effect and is already dividing nations and people. Nobody can deny that hussein is wrong but the bombs won't hit him.
    I can't even begin to imagine what the iraqi citizens feel knowing we are going to implement our weapons of mass destruction agianst them and their children-probably a useless post but to say nothing is to agree with the warpigs
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

thast the things, they dont comply. it wasnt untill the us put an army on their doorstep and threatned war, iraq refused to co-operate. then the day before the vote, they say they will comply, the vote goes in iraqs favor, then iraq imposes conditions on the demands they have accepted. the un didnt say only comply when u feel threatned, but comply fully. after 12 years they have yet to do so. there is no excuse for that. the fact they have finnaly begun co-operating is irellavant, they are only doing so to stave off war, and the moment the us backs off all this progress will stop. that is unacceptable. the terms where disarm or be disarmed, thay have not disarmed. the fact that they have started throwing out crumbs the pst few weeks arent sighns that the inspections are working, its signs that they have failed for the past 12 years.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

no fuking war understand???

why not?
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

The reasons for war don't matter. What matters is that one working stiff, one woman or one child should not have to pay the ultimate price in the name of politics. There is nothing right about children dying for ANY reason. I need to avoid these discussions but until we recognize that are lives are a gift we will continue to squander them along with the lives of others.
    As my prayers for the safety of the U.S kids over there go out so do my prayers for all those whose lives are insignificant in the eyes of the god called politics
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool