USA - Iraq (part 7387c) - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: USA - Iraq (part 7387c)

I am amazed that some people can say the Iraq does not have weapons of mass destruction

1> the former head of his Atomic research told us what he has made, at a heavy price for him and his family

2> he declared hunreds of thousands of tons, in 91, of bio weapons, did this just disappear

3> Recently authorized his field commanders to use bio weapons if we invade

This is not a war for oil we get more oil from Canada than we do from Iraq. Look it up!!! If we left the little bitch to his own he would control a good chunk of the worlds oil, then you would start seeing some high prices for gas

The Iraq national congress has been pleading with world to help them take their country back
    I have a friend from Iraq, Samir, he doesn't have any thumbs, why doesn't he have them? because his dad was one of thousands who surrendered in the gulf war, his dad had the fine pleasure of watching his wife and children get raped and tortured. And people wounder why there are so many people at anti-American parades in Iraq, **** i'd be dancing with my banner to.

Do we just sit back and watch him destroy his people and nations around him. Answer this who hasn't Hussien attacked in the middle east Why do you think that the Saudis haven't ejected our troops from their land. iraq would be entering as we are leaving. if I were to claim that we should have found a peaseful resolution with Hitler, i would be called a racist. The Nazis did kill more people but where do you draw the line and say who is worse.

We as Americans are looked down upon everyday. We are the greatest nation on the earth. We buy far donate more humanitarian aid t the world. You could combine the rest of the worlds amount and we still give more. We are willing to dye for others freedom and not expect anything in return. Other than Finland no country has even attempted to pay back their war dedts to us, ww2,ww1. North Korea is threatening to destroy us, but yet we still give their people hundreds of tons of food. One third of North Koreas food supply is a gift from the United States. That really makes us look like a war monging nation. I was a United States Marine and I put my life on hold to defend my country and the world. Just a little note to the French, German and Russians. pardon the misspellinds!

Casey
    \"You know the one thing that\'s wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say.\"

Bill Clinton

Kwiep
    Originally posted here by IchNiSan
    Neel,

In response to this comment.

North Korea should not have nukes, or work towards nukes, not because they are not U.S. allies, but rather, because they are a signatory of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/control/npt/

For a list of signatories, go to...

http://www.fas.org/nuke/control/npt/docs/nptstatus.htm
    Ow yes, there are treatys. I was questioning why those treatys exist. The US of A is probably the most powerfull nation on earth if it comes to nuclear power, why should they have the right to say other countries are not allowed to produce those weapons in the first place.

Originally posted here by IchNiSan
    Of course, I acknowledge that the US has violated various treaty's before, de facto, or de jure, but if you assume that because someone broke a treaty, they should not be credible when talking about enforcing another treaty is not a good idea, as there would be no treaty's on earth with any power.

There would be no United Nations, as the United Nations was formed by treaty, there would be no, etc. etc. etc.
    To go on about the first piece. If we're going to get bothered if a treaty is still rightfull if it's enforced by a nation who doesn't keep their own treatys... I think that's a bit weird sentence, with aldue respect for your opinion etc. If, as a real stupid example, there would be a bunch of moonpeople who have much beter weapons then we have, and they say to us "noone may build the weapons we have and noone may have them" and they keep producing and developing their weapons altough they agreed not to... Maybe we shouldn't bother about that because what's the worth of a treaty if noone follows it. But those moonpeople already don't. If there's a UN or NATO or whatever organisation wich is based on treatys and some people agree with one treaty and decide to ignore it when they want to. In that case there isn't an agreement indeed. In that case there isn't a UN or NATO, only some bunch of treatys you can signup for if you want and cancel when it get's boring. Almost like a mailinglist. To me it seems the US of A is in this case just signing up other (weaker mostly) countries to all kind of pron and spamlists, and they point at the treaty they made: "It isn't allowed to have a spamfilter and it isn't allowed to signup other countrys to spamlists".

If people brake treatys, wether or not we bother about it, the treaty isn't a treaty anymore.

i really don't want to get into this discussion... ("too much politics can ruin your day")
    but before you think about going back to war with this country... lets' take a look at what we did to them in the 1st Gulf War!

http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0212/pt01.html

The Above link is not for the faint hearted...
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Kwiep
    Originally posted here by trailboss44
    I am amazed that some people can say the Iraq does not have weapons of mass destruction

1> the former head of his Atomic research told us what he has made, at a heavy price for him and his family

2> he declared hunreds of thousands of tons, in 91, of bio weapons, did this just disappear

3> Recently authorized his field commanders to use bio weapons if we invade
    Still... You call this real evidence? I'm not saying Iraq doesn't have weapons, but I also say Iraq does have weapons. I don't have proof of any because the weapon inspection aren't finished.

This is not a war for oil we get more oil from Canada than we do from Iraq. Look it up!!! If we left the little bitch to his own he would control a good chunk of the worlds oil, then you would start seeing some high prices for gas
    OF course the US doesn't get oil from Iraq, what do you expect. I'm not saying they would start a watr for oil, but if they conquer the country or place a new super pro american government there, they will get oil for probably very low prices.

The Iraq national congress has been pleading with world to help them take their country back
    I have a friend from Iraq, Samir, he doesn't have any thumbs, why doesn't he have them? because his dad was one of thousands who surrendered in the gulf war, his dad had the fine pleasure of watching his wife and children get raped and tortured. And people wounder why there are so many people at anti-American parades in Iraq, **** i'd be dancing with my banner to.

Do we just sit back and watch him destroy his people and nations around him. Answer this who hasn't Hussien attacked in the middle east Why do you think that the Saudis haven't ejected our troops from their land. iraq would be entering as we are leaving. if I were to claim that we should have found a peaseful resolution with Hitler, i would be called a racist. The Nazis did kill more people but where do you draw the line and say who is worse.
    Nothing to bitch about in there . j/k am not flaming you or anything, just writing down my opinion with the things you wrote. Sadaam is a madman and he should be removed from were he is now. The US of A did cause a lot of misere over there also because they broke their own treatys and supplied weapoins and other thing etc., you now the story. People should have a right to hate the US of A.

We as Americans are looked down upon everyday. We are the greatest nation on the earth. We buy far donate more humanitarian aid t the world. You could combine the rest of the worlds amount and we still give more. We are willing to dye for others freedom and not expect anything in return. Other than Finland no country has even attempted to pay back their war dedts to us, ww2,ww1. North Korea is threatening to destroy us, but yet we still give their people hundreds of tons of food. One third of North Koreas food supply is a gift from the United States. That really makes us look like a war monging nation. I was a United States Marine and I put my life on hold to defend my country and the world. Just a little note to the French, German and Russians. pardon the misspellinds!

Casey
    The US of A definatly isn't the only one doing this. And those "facts" and "numbers" aren't correct. I'm not going to correct them all, because I think that's useless, and I don't have proof of all of them. I have some books here about most of those thing. I will pick one example because I just wrote a thing about that 10 minutes ago. Some people call paying of depts was one of the causes of worldwar 2. France had to pay money to the US of A, but they didn't have money. The french forced Germany to pay them. The germans had even less money, so the US of A decided to lend money to Germany, so they could build up and give money to the french so the french could give it to the US of A again. Because of the crisis in 1929, the Germans were hit to and that's one of the reasons Hitler could get power. <<< Very simplified story, I know.

The US of A does have alot of money, because they never were hit by a war on their own ground the last long time. I mean a war wich is like a man to man, tank to tank slaughtering on own teritorry wich last more then a few days. Not a terrorist attack or something similar.

If we're going to argue about who did what for who and when and the cost... America only interfered in the past on their own behalf. Europe build America. There share in humanity is because they're in the UN or the NATO or whatever and every country gives money. The US of A maybe gives the most, but that is because they have the most. They have the most for a part, because they had something when others hadn't because of a war in those others land. America has much money because of the dept everyone has to payback + the money they get for lending the money so many years ago. For some countries that extra is so much they can only keep up paying that extra, without even starting to pay of the debt itself. In a way the US of A make money because of wars.

p.s.
    Now I look really anti american again. Well... I am anti american, but not as much as it seems in my posts. I also drink coca cola and stuff AND THE INTERNET

i don't know how your doing the quote thing you'll just have to settle for this

"OF course the US doesn't get oil from Iraq, what do you expect." You really need to check this one out bfore you keep saying it.

What is the purpose of the Weapons inspectors? Check it out if you disagree but their job is to ensure that the weapons that Iraq had were indeed destroyed. I dare you to find in the UN charter that it is their job to find them.

"The US of A does have alot of money, because they never were hit by a war on their own ground the last long time. I mean a war wich is like a man to man, tank to tank slaughtering on own teritorry wich last more then a few days. Not a terrorist attack or something similar."

Iteresting statement if you didn't study economics. i buy no means want to insult you but i think reacting from the heart and not the head. A lot of what you are saying is simply not true you may feel that it is. Everything that i have stated in my posts can be referenced. I really don't want to site all my soucres, lazy" but if you look you will find out. This is what happens when jopurnalists put there own opinion into something. Somalia is the best example of the news making a cause of something for news purposes only.

have a great day
    \"You know the one thing that\'s wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say.\"

Bill Clinton

Iraq as a nation is a loose collection of tribes some that have been there since before civilization as we view it existed. Some if not most of these tribes have been terrorized by Saddam or his followers but that alone is not enough to justify war. Saddam has spread terror by giving the families of suicide bombers 25,000 USD to live on, this makes the suicide bombers more valuable dead than alive. Giving money to the families of suicide bombers is not enough to justify war. Saddam has ordered the execution of many Iraqis for opposing him, and that alone can not justify war. He has gassed Kurdish populations to test the effectivness of his poison gasses and again that alone is not enough to cause a war.

However the aggragate of all his actions is enough to cause a war, not to enslave or to kill Iraqi people, but to free them from the terror that Saddam has caused. I don't like war or even the thought of it. I and many of my friends served in Viet Nam, another unpopular war. As a matter of fact is was more unpopular among us than anyone else, we had more to lose. I don't want to send anyone to war, but sometimes a preemptive strike is necessary to prevent a more serious war.

well done neel it seems that only one country or more accurately only one man in the world is eager for a war against and that is bush.

he is using his position for his own cause.

I'm french and everybody know that France is against this war. Like 80-90% of the french population I'm against this war too for several reason :

1. After 10 years of embargo with all that mean, I don't think Saddam can make a war (the population don't have food or medicine).

2. The US administration (Bush and others) says that Saddam have bombs but for the moment there is no proof. It's strange because they have some satelite that can view 1inch square details and a bomb is much larger.

3. Only US and UK says that they have some proof. We have also some satelite and secret agent. If Mr Chirac show us proofs France like germany will take another speech.

I don't say that Saddam is a good guy, France know that's not true, but a war is not a civilized response.

What I hate is that some US newspapers says that France don't remember that if in the WW2, the america was not there, we won't speak french but german. The 2 situations are very different. When american help us in the WW2 we were in WAR, but for now we are NOT in war.

I hope Saddam will give what UN want

Banned
    To be honest i dont care if there is a war, but i hate all these people going around saying lets not kill saddam, what has ever done to us, well maybe he didnt do anything to us but he killed thousands of people in Iraq, i think that America should just send in Delta force to kill saddam first and see what happens from there, rather than bombing the country into the ground

Ghostdog on your points
    Point 1: After the US takes out saddam and his family and set up a democratic government, The US will send food and medicine to the iraqi people exactly like the US always has. Plus the US will have skilled, educated surgeons and doctors sent in to help with the wounds. Just like the US always has.
    Point 2: Saddam has shown us his weapons, 2 missiles and vows to destroy them, but just as Tony Blair said he has shown no proof of his biological and chemical weapons, that we know he has. Saddam is a snake and will always have a "look whats in my left hand ignore my right" mentality.
    Point 3: The whole world has proof now just look at your neighborhood friendly newspaper.

Also what about the Iraqi people? Don't you have any sympathy for them? Can you imagine living there? Living in that type of environment. The middle east is a nuclear reactor for ignorant hate mongers and they need to be saved before... well I don't even want to think about it. but I agree with AllenB I'm not for the war but this seems to be the only true alternative.