Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What have you gotten away with?

The only thing I've gotten away with is convincing my boss that our virtual drives needed to be replaced on the UPS and that I needed a new server. Truth was, our old one was ok...needed some work, but the new server I got. . .wow, was she pretty.

I felt guilty, until the network here grew over 300%. . .now the new server is actually needed!
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Techtech:

You have drives in your UPS? Ok, I'll bite..... What _exactly_ do you mean and if it's not what I'm thinking would you care to elucidate????
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tigershark. . basically I was BS'ng my boss. I mean. . how do you physically change a virtual drive. I was just shooting technical jargon at her.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Techtech:

Phew..... That's what I hoped you would say..... 'cos if you really had virtual drives in the UPS I need to get some new UPS's 'cos mine must be waaaaay outta date......

Nice to see someone else who uses the technical ineptitude of their superiors for the greater good.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

what I have gotten away with. I would really like to keep it secret so far. And I think posting it on a public board doesn't give me security for that matter.

...Being crazy....mowahahaha.....they have still to find me....
    * lurks *
    * looks around *
    * screams *
    * runs *
    Tell em I went that'a way --->

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

people that call my house, if i dont feel like talking to them i impersonate people, like i had my unckle believing he called Mcdonalds and that i was the manager

store-wise, the biggest thing I've "gotten away with" would be my 32X CD-RW drive...was in staples w/ my mother because we heard about a good sale on the drive, was only going to cost us $25 after mail-in rebate. We got up to the checkout w/ that and a few other things, one of which rang up at the wrong price, causing the cashier to become a bitch, which in turn caused us not to call her on her mistake of not ringing up the CD-RW drive (she asked us if we wanted a PRP on it, then just put it in the bag)

Other than that, I can get away with most anything in my school because most of the teachers like me, and I'm one of the few ppl that knows what I'm doing w/ computers, so have to help them out...they don't want to lose one of their main sources of tech support
    I want you to know that our friendship means a lot to me. You cry...I cry. You laugh...I laugh. You jump out of a window...I look down...then I laugh again.